SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 96 900 SE turbo will not start. Drove it to a store and it ran fine. Came out of the store and it would crank but not start. Had it towed home. Ran my scan tool and it threw fault code P0340 Crankshaft Sensor Circuit Fault. Is there any way to test the sensor to make sure it is the problem? Resistance, short circuit etc? Also while searching for the correct part there seems to be a lot of confusion on the part number depending on whether the car is a 2.0 turbo or the 2.3 engine. I dont want to buy one only to not be able to return it if I get the wrong one. Is this a reliable fault code and is there any way to test the sensor. Thanks as always for all the help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the crank sensor resistances per the info posted for me and pins 1 and 2 had 550 ohms which is within the 10% tolerance around 540 ohms. The info states that good resistance is still not an indication of a good sensor. I guess I will replace the sensor and if that doesn't cure the problem get another ignition module and if that doesn't cure the problem junk the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts