SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats goin on, just picked up a 96 900 se 2.0t auto trans (i know it sucks, wish it was stick). before that i had a 98 chevy s10 on bags, wrecked the truck 2 weeks ago and just happened to come across this saab for 1000 bucks. i was just wondering how reliable they are at 130000 miles, this car was well taken care of, oil changed every 3000 miles, good turbo, good internals, no engine noices car is over all in amazing shape. i like to push my vehicles to the limit if you know what i mean so i was wondering what tends to go on these things when your just tryin to have alittle fun. also what are some performance mods (purchased or do-it-yourself) that are available? i would really appreciate some feed back because i know absolutely nothing about this car. the only thing i did to it is removed the airbox and slap on a K&N and take off the recirculator line to hear the blow off. Open to any ideas what so ever so let me hear what you got.
thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
niem said:
hey whats goin on, just picked up a 96 900 se 2.0t auto trans (i know it sucks, wish it was stick). before that i had a 98 chevy s10 on bags, wrecked the truck 2 weeks ago and just happened to come across this saab for 1000 bucks. i was just wondering how reliable they are at 130000 miles, this car was well taken care of, oil changed every 3000 miles, good turbo, good internals, no engine noices car is over all in amazing shape. i like to push my vehicles to the limit if you know what i mean so i was wondering what tends to go on these things when your just tryin to have alittle fun. also what are some performance mods (purchased or do-it-yourself) that are available? i would really appreciate some feed back because i know absolutely nothing about this car. the only thing i did to it is removed the airbox and slap on a K&N and take off the recirculator line to hear the blow off. Open to any ideas what so ever so let me hear what you got.
thanks,
Jon
Welcome to SAAB Central :cheesy:
Sounds like a very well maintained car and a great price too. I know all about the auto trans but it's a great car trust me. You upgraded quite well from an S-10.

As for mileage, your car is a baby if it's this well maintained :lol: . A few over here have more than double that.

Wanna see how much a SAAB can last when well taken care of?
http://www.saabnet.com/tsn/faq/miles/miles900.html

scroll down to the bottom of the page and read the statistics

Here's one that passed the 1 000 000 miles that's with 6 zeroes. 1 million miles and running still! :eek:
http://fyi.gmblogs.com/2006/09/the_long_way_home_1.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts