SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Need your help guys. I have saab 95 2.3t. salon and it has big problem now. Sport suspention, R17 rims 215/50 tyres been put on it before i both it. Everything was ok for 6 months of hard driving, and now i have problems, two tyres gone completely and i done alignment today. It does't look good. Any i deas from you? I been told by some people to change back to normal springs, but that sounds not right, i am sure there is other way around.
Thank you:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
That's a heckuva lot of negative camber - well beyond spec.

The lower the car sits, the more negative camber is built in. Excessive camber will kill tires, as will too much toe. You can correct camber with camber adjusting bolts on the front, and camber adjusting shims for the rear.

Shims here:
http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=47_51&products_id=439

The bolts are a pretty generic item.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks like no one in britain sells shims, i done request on that Genuinesaab and they will charge me 89 bucks for shipping to london. Thats crazy. Need find someone who sells them in Britain.:eek:

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Ignore the online shipping price calculator - they are small enough that they just put them in an envelope and mail them to you. Call them and ask.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Remember that they are in the middle of North America - more or less UTC -6 or thereabouts. If you call them tonight (your time) you should be able to get them.... but don't try in the morning...

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Why does it say "Saab 9-5 17" Wheels 1998- except sport suspension?"

...You have sport suspension...

Tell them that...

Those numbers are a little out of whack though.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Front Camber 17" Wheel Sport Suspension:
-.8 degrees to -1.2 degrees

Front Toe 17" Wheel Sport Suspension:
0.14 degrees

Rear Camber 17" Wheel Sport Suspension:
-0.1 degrees to -2.2 degrees

Rear Toe 17" Wheel Sport Suspension:
0.21 degrees

You aren't that far off... :confused:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am not to sure is it right those figures or not, i did told them that sport suspention in it and they still didn't have what to say. My car not stable anymore i only can do 70mp/h and thats it, all shaking for no reasons. When i took left rear tyre it was gone from inside compleatly, it looked that it was driving 75 degres in. I dont know what happend with it but i need check it out before its too late. The problem is that i gove to saab dealer and they didn't know what to say :(, thats verry bad.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
n.leonas said:
I am not to sure is it right those figures or not, i did told them that sport suspention in it and they still didn't have what to say. My car not stable anymore i only can do 70mp/h and thats it, all shaking for no reasons. When i took left rear tyre it was gone from inside compleatly, it looked that it was driving 75 degres in. I dont know what happend with it but i need check it out before its too late. The problem is that i gove to saab dealer and they didn't know what to say :(, thats verry bad.
Overly worn tires will cause balance problems and bubling in the tire.

Did you rotate your tires every 5k?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
What size wheel is on the car - the tyre size seems strange :confused:

also

What sport suspension is fitted - what make / brand?

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Chris 9-5 said:
What size wheel is on the car - the tyre size seems strange :confused:
Looks like they are 215/50/17. Kind of a strange tire size.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
So the tyres are completely the wrong size for the car, I bet the suspension isnt saab either :confused:

Who fitted the suspension?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i had all four dunlop sport tyres fitted and they just gone wearing from inside gone to the wires. It is strange tyre size and it is hard for me to get winter tyres for taht size. Hopefully i know more tommorow after garage visit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the thing is i don't much about it, all i konow when i got the car it was from a show room in saab dealer, and the owner was one of the workers don't know much what he done, but now is the time to find out and sort it.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
The correct size is 225/45/17 and they are very freely available.

Why do you need winter tyres in London :confused:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts