SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have the original Saab HarmonKardon speakers and Can somebody tell me where the amplifier and the Subwoofer is located on this car? I wanted to pull it out and see if there are any loose connections because my Midrange speaker on the front right doesnt emit sounds properly.

If the Amp is fine then will I be able to change the midrange speaker? Where can I find a replacement? What about aftermarket stuff?

do you hve any specs?

thankyou so much,
Jigar

·
Registered
768 Posts
In the UK, the amp lives under the drivers seat which will be the passengers side for you, and usually is a Nokia amp, 40 X 40 watt, the front midrange speakers are 4"/10 cm and are a standard size.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The amp is under the pass. seat. You will need to pull the seat out to get amp out. It is a harmon/kardon with one big plug leading into it. Probally not loose or all speakers would sound bad,plug is on left side of amp towards center of car,not door side,you could probally feel the plug with seat all the way forward. I would check the wires leading to the speaker,maybe you simply blew a voice coil. There is no sub,just tuned properly to give that effect. Front speakers consist of a 4" mid and a small tweeter. Any decent 4" seperate should fit. If amp is shot I just pulled mine out of my aero, it works fine and we could work something out if you wanted to try it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankyou for all the cool advice guys: I will pull out the midrange and replace it. I found a junkyard where they have some old aeros so I will try to pull out the 4 inch midrange speakers and plug them into my car.

thanks again
Jigar

1 - 4 of 4 Posts