SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok lets see well i have a 1995 saab 900S first car and love it but then again how many people have cars clocked for 150MPH ahh sorry i still love that but any way a few questions my fuel pump went out of it about 2 weeks ago and i replaced it but for some reason instead of getting 29 mpg im getting 25mpg not really my question but is that normall my question is i got a well itsays performance chip but it looks like a peice of wire with a chunk of rubber in the middle but it says to disconect the intake air temp sensor the directions say if it dosnt have 2 wires coming from it then its not it well any way you disconect it and put the wire thingy in the female end of the clip it says that the sensor is in the in take the only thing i found with two wires is on the tube from the radiator i think its the thermostat cuz i installed the wire thingy there and it runs a lot better for only20 us dollars but the water temp gauge never moves it normally ran in the middle but it dosnt move so far it hasnt overheated but.. it revs higher before shifting seems maybe a little lighter throttle and it dosnt shift as hard so ill run it a while my quetion was will it hurt my car so far i dont think but i dont know

i want to customize it with out breakin the bank mostly performance wise so anyhelp their would be nice too thanks - Dan

·
Registered
917 Posts
Holy mother of run-on sentences. :eek: Periods, commas! Show them some love!

You didn't happen to buy this "performance chip" off ebay, did you? Because what I think you're describing is...well...a scam. They don't work, and can only cause more harm then good.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
KSpark said:
Holy mother of run-on sentences. :eek: Periods, commas! Show them some love!

You didn't happen to buy this "performance chip" off ebay, did you? Because what I think you're describing is...well...a scam. They don't work, and can only cause more harm then good.
Hahahja. Yea it's hard to understand without ponctuation :lol:
Yes that sounds like a scam.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Sounds like you bought a T5 boost 9 or whatever they call it.

What it does, is it fools the car into thinking the air coming in is coolder than it actually is. So the car supposedly runs more timing.

This is bad, because you aren't getting colder air in, you are lying to the car and making it think the air is cold.

Any chance of selling ur car for a turbo? Turbo 9-3s from '99 are barely more than $3000 on the DC market.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Tweek's Turbos said:
Sounds like you bought a T5 boost 9 or whatever they call it.

What it does, is it fools the car into thinking the air coming in is coolder than it actually is. So the car supposedly runs more timing.

This is bad, because you aren't getting colder air in, you are lying to the car and making it think the air is cold.

Any chance of selling ur car for a turbo? Turbo 9-3s from '99 are barely more than $3000 on the DC market.
LAWL you didn't really just spend 20 bucks on a resistor you can pick up for less than a buck did you omg

it will actually make you get less mpg, and less hp, cuz lets see its making you iat sensor think it 32 degrees outside, and its obvously not, so the iat will tell the motor to run more fuel, but the o2 sensor will say hey ****er too much fuel

and than the motor kinda just goes into a limp mode so have fun with that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts