SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Headlight pieces

hey, you said you had gotten he headlight pieces. They should be the pieces from inside the headlight itself on the passenger side. You would have had to split the headlight front glass from the housing to get the internal pieces. let me know. Craig

·
Registered
'02 9-5 Aero Wagon, '88 SPG, '02 Viggen Vert, '01 Viggen 4dr, +Triumphs & MGs
1,748 Posts
Craig, pm me with your needs on that if you want - I may have some extra internal pieces - I scaveneged some bits for my needs in that area.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Buddy you don't want to pay shiping from florida for a tranny. The shipping would probally be as much as the tranny.

·
Registered
680 Posts
big thank you to supremedalek. You know, its not that often that someone will go outta their way to do something for someone they dont even really know. Youre a good person supremedalek, wish there were more people like you around here.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
coreyeroc said:
big thank you to supremedalek. You know, its not that often that someone will go outta their way to do something for someone they dont even really know. Youre a good person supremedalek, wish there were more people like you around here.
X1000 :cheesy:

·
Registered
235 Posts
coreyeroc said:
So true - I third that notion :p .

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Old engine pictures for the same car, just to make sure everyone knows which engine is in that beast:

What is that bloody plastic over around the oil cap for?

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
It's a resonator to reduce the noise of the intake.

Is the rear decor panel still there? How much? :cheesy:

It's the piece under the 3rd brake light and above the license plate. It's the one that has the recess to mount the SAAB emblem

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 · (Edited)
I think it still looks like that picture. How to take the decor panel out?

Ok, since I feel I am losing track, let me make a shopping list of all the stuff you want. This way I can walk there and know what I am looking after:
  1. tow-hook-cover-thing on the front spoiler-lip [Mr. Borth]
  2. the headlight switch [Mr. Borth]
  3. one of the little rubber grommet pieces on the bottom of the hatch door [Mr. Borth]
  4. the passenger side front mud flap [Mr. Borth]
  5. Rear decor panel [hkayssi]
  6. Grill [jmcg]
  7. Front suspension stuff [nocluetim]
  8. Intake manifold (with or without throttle body/injectors/etc?) [Corn Cob]
Am I missing anything?

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
supremedalek said:
I think it still looks like that picture. How to take the decor panel out?
Since the 3rd brake light is removed, the interior cover is off so all you have to do is remove the nuts that hold the pannel in there. I think there ar 6 or 7 of them. Do you have an idea of how much that is for?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
That is good to know. I will try to get it. About cost I would think it is a bit more than $10 but most definitvely under $20. Do you want me to yank it for you? FYI, things they will ream one up there are
  1. Throttle body ($40+)
  2. Bumber cover ($45)
  3. Radiator ($45)
  4. Intercooler ($45, charged as a radiator)
Sometimes with small stuff they do not know what it is they will let go for cheap. Other times they will charge for everything; I saw once a guy who was going to buy a dash cover and they wanted to charge him close to $150 because they priced everything that was attached to -- vents, metal bracket, even bolts -- separately. It all depends on who is on the counter that day.

On a different note,

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
supremedalek said:
That is good to know. I will try to get it. About cost I would think it is a bit more than $10 but most definitvely under $20. Do you want me to yank it for you? FYI, things they will ream one up there are
  1. Throttle body ($40+)
  2. Bumber cover ($45)
  3. Radiator ($45)
  4. Intercooler ($45, charged as a radiator)
Sometimes with small stuff they do not know what it is they will let go for cheap. Other times they will charge for everything; I saw once a guy who was going to buy a dash cover and they wanted to charge him close to $150 because they priced everything that was attached to -- vents, metal bracket, even bolts -- separately. It all depends on who is on the counter that day.

On a different note,
Yes Sir if it's before monday (after that I'll be on a long trip and won't use public computers to make bank transactions). Please PM me for a payment I'll paypal the amount right after you get it (need to add the shipping to the price) :cheesy:

41 - 60 of 72 Posts