SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
can i get the 3rd brakelight cover from you? The one of the trunklid. It needs to be intact, without any of the tabs missing. Also, if the rear saab emblem is in good shape, I'd like that as well. You can PM me, or email me at [email protected] - whichever.

·
Registered
58 Posts
yeah they should be easily seperated, there are metal clipps that hold the lens cover on to the reflector, then inside all the piesces should just snap apart. They went together, I am sure they will come apart. Let me know Craig.

* only go if you feel like you can...if you are sick I don't want to make you any worse. I can wait for these pieces its been broke for a little while and alittle more isn't gonna hurt*

·
Registered
680 Posts
what suspension update? I have a 95 also. Is there a problem with the suspension I should know about?? I was going to lower it this spring, know of any good lowering kits for a 95 900s n/a? Was also going to fit it with 17' viggen wheels, would this cause any issues after being lowered?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Our older models came with an inferior design compared to the '96 and later cars. Here's a pic from GS with the differences.

The stanchion or curved arms, control arms, and the ARB will all need to be replaced.

Edit: GS does sell a kit but I'm trying to do it on the cheap with used parts. I haven't had much luck so far so I might just buy the kit and be done with it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I need a couple of small parts. There is a little cover on the passenger side door panel that plugs up the hole for a trunk release switch; and I also need the cover for the windshield wiper bolt. Any chance you could get those on your next trip? Please let me know how much including postage to Vancouver BC. Thanks.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Will you be making any more trips out to this car? I found a broken mid-chassis spoiler under my car today. If they're still there I wouldn't mind having both.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Ok, I went to the yard. First the front suspension thingie:

The passenger door did not have the trunk release thingie:

The wiper cover was gone:

But, I did take the mudflaps:

And I did take the rear brake light thingie. It has no broken things (I will post more pictures later)

I also took the headlight adjuster things; I will post some pictures later as I have them.

·
Registered
803 Posts
It's hard to tell in the pics. Is the sway bar connected to the control arm or the curved arm? If it's connected to the control arm like the picture I sent earlier you should grab them, the curved arms and the sway bar for yourself.
Please PM me with what you want for the driver side "mud flap".

·
Registered
235 Posts
Any chance of getting the tow-hook-cover-thing on the front spoiler-lip, the headlight switch, and one of the little rubber grommet pieces on the bottom of the hatch door (I believe there are 3 total - when the door is lifted - they're easily seen), and the passenger side front mud flap (at the wheel)? That is - if you're still doing this for people.....and I agree with everyone else - even OFFERING to do this for us is fantastic - if you can't do it, no biggie :D !

·
Registered
680 Posts
I pm'd you about the 3rd brakelight cover. Thank you so much for grabbing that while you were out there. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
More pictures. First the front suspension arm (for nocluetim):

It seems to me someone was already trying to yank it out. How hard is it to remove? What tools would be needed?

More pictures

Brake light thingie:

About other stuff, it will have to wait until next weekend.

·
Registered
803 Posts
supremedalek said:
More pictures. First the front suspension arm (for nocluetim):
It seems to me someone was already trying to yank it out. How hard is it to remove? What tools would be needed?
As bad as I want this stuff... you found it first. The suspension upgrade has been done on this car. You WILL need these parts. Grab 'em! Personally I haven't done the job myself, just read a lot about it. Can someone else give this lucky boy the info he needs to get the parts? I'm thinking a breaker bar, spring compressor, ball joint separator and good socket set.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
nocluetim, Let me get something straight: I do not have a ng900. As my profile indicates, I have a Classic 900, which I like more. So, unless those suspension parts would fit a 88 900 turbo convertible, I really have no use for them.

The same goes for the other parts in the car: excluding maybe the light switch or something like the head (2.3 vs 2.0), I do not see what else I could use in my car. FYI, I already have a 2.1 head (off a 92 900S), which I was told is the same as the 2.3. So, I am good there. I did take the ECU just because I am kinda of collecting them, but if someone needs it, I am ready to let it go.

This thread is exactly what the name says: I saw a 95 ng900 in the local yard and am willing to yank as many parts as I possibly can to help out the owners of this car before it is crushed. Of course that assumes that either I know how to take them or someone can explain how to remove the parts without me getting pissed off at the yard and start using heavy destructive devices on the car. :lol: i.e. some handholding required. :eek:

Bottom line: if you want those arm thingies, you need to help me understand how to take them out so when I do go I have everything I need and can hopefully get them out quick. Do I really need a spring compressor?

jmcg, which spoiler are you talking about? The grill was still there today; I hope it will be there this weekend. Expect to pay under $20 for it (I think it is more like $18 when I got one for my Volvo); those guys have a flat cost for it whether it is off a Geo Metro or some huge piece. In fact, prices become interesting when the item is not on the list; you are then at the mercy of whoever is the cashier that day.

·
Registered
803 Posts
On second thought you won't need the spring compressor. Sorry, I was thinking about the work I need to do to my own car.

Here's a couple of links that should help. Link 1 Link2

Thanks to Dip on the links.

As for the sway bar, from what I've learned, you'll need to drop the sub frame.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I've never done it on an NG 900 sorry I can't give a step by step. Read the PM I sent you.

Edit: post number 666:evil: Hail satan, just kidding satan is a bad bad man:cheesy:

21 - 40 of 72 Posts