SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

What should be done on this service, and whats the oil spec ?

I'm using a local garage for the work, but want to make sure they do what they are supposed to do.. They service the cars of other Saab Owners Club memebers, so I thought I would give them a go :lol: . Is there any stuff they should be looking out for ie. Pulley wheels, chain tensioner position etc? I had the sump dropped 6000 miles ago. Gearbox oil has also been changed at the same time.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys,

Had the service and the car seems 100% better :lol: , almost outrageous..

I am a little confused, and a little concerned, as to why it should be so much better ?

Should I be suspicious that they have put a different grade of oil, or plugs in the car, which could cause damage longterm ? The air filter is Jetex and has been cleaned and recharged (or should have been..)

Any thoughts appreciated..

·
Registered
516 Posts
In addition to tires and oil, it might be your tire pressure. Did you know what they were at before?

I wouldn't be too worried, but if I was, I wouldn't hesitate to call and ask what they put in.

[edit] also, what exactly feels different?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I checked tyre pressure myself (I do every week). No difference.

The difference is the "pick-up" and throttle response when requested. These are markedly improved. The engine also sounds more throaty and "growls" more. Hence, I am suspecting that the difference may be down to the air filter being cleaned ??

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Prolly the plugs... they make a world world of difference. You have to remember the Saab Trionic adjusts parameters of the engine for all kinds of things, fuel quality, environmental factors etc. Bad/old/incorrect plugs wil not ruin the engine, it is much smarter than that, but it will not run right.

If you previously had teh wrong ( read non-ngk) plugs it could possbily not adequately monitor the engine and if so would pick teh safests settings.

enjoy the tru power of a saab aero...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts