SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m buying my first Saab. It has the b234r 2.3 with 260k miles. I’m already putting a new radiator and probably hoses in it but I’m wondering where to start on preformance. Also anything you’d recommend replacing since it is a 260k Mile car. Just wanting to make it a pretty fast and reliable sleeper to race around town. Thanks again !!

·
Registered
66 Posts
First things I did were to replace all the shock absorbers for bilsteins as my original ones were very weak, then to replace every piece of vaccum hose with silicon hose (3mm). I then replaced the plastic turbo bypass valve with a metal one using the weakest spring (the replacement should come with springs of various types).

Another air filter would be beneficial - then a simple stage one t5suite tune-up. Improved my fuel consumption slightly and was far more responsive.

Careful - it gets really addictive and next thing you know you will be looking at t7 valve conversions, larger turbos, bigger injectors, upgraded fuel pumps, 3" downpipe, lowering springs, and your wallet could be 3k lighter .....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts