SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 60 of 377 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Will the 08 (or any ACC code) cause the compressor to be disabled? I'm getting the 08 code and the compressor does not come on.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
That shouldn't cause the compressor to not come on. You've checked wiring and the belts right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm Blind.....whereas all the little plastic "stop levers" are all white, mine is GREEN!!! couldn't get the motor back in so I decided to take the green thing off. It was split....trying to super glue it together now

THANKS to All

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
bigmac,

super glueing might work, but it will probably give again in a little while or may break in another spot. I would suggest you go out and buy a new one - they're cheap. If you are set on glueing, try a good plastic epoxy of some type - super glue just doesn't last and can't hold up to any torquing IMO.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey guys

First off.... dammmmm this is not something for me to be working on, actually thought about driving the car into the harbor... I am not good with small spaces and my fat hands he he

ANYWAY.... I have a code 1 - 13 and then a 2 - 08.

I have checked the everything I could and the left door blend is fine, it works and all.

As I read from the link to the explanations on what the faults codes means i should have a:
1 - 13 air distribution motor that is jammed.... is there any info on that?

2 - 08 left blend door that is loose but it's not, it works fine??????

I am really lost right now...

Hope some of you can help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
At lowest setting only getting outside temperature. Heat works great.

I'm getting the 1...08 (all the time) and 2...13 (intermittently). I get no better than the outside temp at the lowest setting on my ACC, but the heat works great. No leaks, decent fan spead, coolant fine. There is a high pitch whining that comes on with the A/C that lingers for a few seconds after I turn it off. I'm not sure if this is just a red herring but I'm also not convinced that the 08 error is responsible for the lack of A/C cooling. I've got an extended warranty which I think covers these issues but I hate to leave the car for days while they try to figure it out. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
camaro,
are you having any problems with the AC other than getting the codes? If not, then what's the worry? If you are having troubles, then can you describe them?

connie,
If this is covered by your warranty, get it in and have them sort it if they will give you a loaner as this can be a bit of a PITA to diagnose. If you're really reluctant to take it in, go read from the beginning of this thread and get prepared to climb under the dash to take a few things apart and see what's going on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No A/C function

The code 08 in itself does not bother me however for the past two summers the A/C does not blow anything but the outside temp (100 summers in the south are painful). The techs at saab (new working on saab cars though). Changed out the ACC, changed the drier motor, and filled the coolant. It did provide some cool air but only for about a week. Eventually the air is hot assuming it is outside air passing over a hot engine. After reading this forum I learned to check the ACC and started getting the 08 and 13 code hope this is the problem. Any other thought greatly appreciated. If I have to go back to the saab dealer I'd like to give them some guidance.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Connie:
I'm actually willing to bet you that the 08 error is your problem. The blend door is how the ACC system changes the temperature that comes out of the vent. If the blend door doesn't rotate all the way into the cold zone, then it will mix the cold air and hot air, giving you what feels like the outside temperature. (The hotter it gets outside, the hotter your heater gets... :confused: ) I had this same problem before, only I could not get the system to heat at all. There are instructions all over this site on how to get under your dash and make a quick fix. For me, the gear on the blend door motor had simply slid off the shaft enough to disengage the whole system. The problem with having the dealer do it, is a lot of times they want to remove your entire system under your dash, which is very very expenisve in terms of labor and the unit it's self. Try getting under your dash to see if you can't diagnose it yourself before you spend a fortune. It's going to be a PITA for sure, but it was worth it for me.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I'm kinda worried about this too now. I ran the diagnostic and the screen said 0 for a while and then 1...08. Everything works fine, however. The AC is very cold, the heat is very hot. Does that code mean that I need to fix it becuase the part is on its way out because there doesn't seem to be anything wrong at all. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Ron, if its working fine then don't worry about it. The door is probably opening 90% so you're not getting any problems, the fault code is occuring because the sensor doesn't register 100% movement.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey there

well i got under the dash to look and here is the thing... The white tab who is moved by the motor is fine, and i can move it with my hand and you can even hear how the airflow changes.... BUT... NO HEAT... really I cannot figure out what is next.......

I get the 08 code..... no heat, but the tab is fine and airflow changes (the sounds)

PLEEEEASE help...

SectorNine50 said:
Connie:
I'm actually willing to bet you that the 08 error is your problem. The blend door is how the ACC system changes the temperature that comes out of the vent. If the blend door doesn't rotate all the way into the cold zone, then it will mix the cold air and hot air, giving you what feels like the outside temperature. (The hotter it gets outside, the hotter your heater gets... :confused: ) I had this same problem before, only I could not get the system to heat at all. There are instructions all over this site on how to get under your dash and make a quick fix. For me, the gear on the blend door motor had simply slid off the shaft enough to disengage the whole system. The problem with having the dealer do it, is a lot of times they want to remove your entire system under your dash, which is very very expenisve in terms of labor and the unit it's self. Try getting under your dash to see if you can't diagnose it yourself before you spend a fortune. It's going to be a PITA for sure, but it was worth it for me.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey there

well i got under the dash to look and here is the thing... The white tab who is moved by the motor is fine, and i can move it with my hand and you can even hear how the airflow changes.... BUT... NO HEAT... really I cannot figure out what is next.......

I get the 08 code..... no heat, but the tab is fine and airflow changes (the sounds)

PLEEEEASE help...

Kermit said:
Ron, if its working fine then don't worry about it. The door is probably opening 90% so you're not getting any problems, the fault code is occuring because the sensor doesn't register 100% movement.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Is the stepping motor turning when you adjust the temp? If so, is the gear on the motor engaging the gears in the gearbox? (see the beginning of this thread)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey

Yes it is turning and working fine. I also tried to take the motor off and then turning the white tap with the finger, and I can hear that the airflow is changing but there is still no hot air.... it is so wierd...

robw said:
Is the stepping motor turning when you adjust the temp? If so, is the gear on the motor engaging the gears in the gearbox? (see the beginning of this thread)

41 - 60 of 377 Posts