SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 900 S and I cannot locate or figure out what is wrong with some electrical. no dash lights but I have idiot lights and all gauge work, Radio does not work the info window does, Side mirrors do not work, Sunroof does not work, power windows work. I have checked all fuses, even the for 60a fuses up by the battery

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Check grounding points.
Check dimmer (rheostat).

·
Registered
7,132 Posts
You gotta start at the end - like a side mirror - and work your way backwards following + and - until their origins... At some point you will find a break. The WIS will be helpful for identifying junctions and such that will make testing easier. Most likely, you have missed a fuse or relay similar that isn't doing what it should... Maybe even the ignition switch.

·
Registered
9,371 Posts
Does changing the dimmer setting change the brightness of the SID screen? If so, you can eliminate the dimmer rheostat and its power feed..

Does the HVAC control panel, manual or automatic, light up?

Assuming you have a factory radio, the power is from fuse 13 and trigger signal (to wake up?) from fuse 9.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dimmer switch does nothing when i adjust. Yes I have a factory radio.. no lights for temp controls.. yesterday and today i turn the key on without starting dash lights came on for about 2-3 seconds then fades to black

·
Registered
208 Posts
On the mirrors, check that you have power coming into the driver's side mirror switch. Fuse is #7, same one for the power windows, so if you are windows are working, the fuse is good. The fuse panel diagram does not specify which fuse on the readout is for the mirrors. The switches are prone to building up corrosion on the inside and eventually stop working altogether. I just disassembled two of them to find the contacts covered with green gunk. Neither one would do anything before I cleaned them. It looks like some kind of grease that was originally used on the moving parts and eventually dried up and solidified. They both work perfectly now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts