SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm posting this for a friend of mine who's got some electrical issues with his '95 NG900.

First of all his right-hand side indicators have somehow been linked to his parking lights.
When switching on the parking lights, the right indicators go on and stay on.
Even the right "arrow" in the dash is lit at this point. But it works both ways. When he uses the right indicators everything associated with the parking lights (light in the dash, dashlights themselves) blinks in sync with the indicator.

it's obvious some wires have cross-connected, but seeing I don't know a damned thing about NG's, and it's not my car, I'd like to know where to start looking.

The second problem is less urgent. I think I killed the SRS computer by pulling the fuse with the ignition on. Now the SRS light won't go out :( Is this possible or coincidental?

Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Oliver said:
The second problem is less urgent. I think I killed the SRS computer by pulling the fuse with the ignition on. Now the SRS light won't go out :( Is this possible or coincidental?
I believe that is possible. There is a separate computer for the airbag system which performs a continuous check of all the components. Removing the fuse could register as a fault.

The fault light is lit when a fault is detected, and will not be cleared by disconnecting the car battery like a CEL fault. It has to be reset by someone usually with a hand-held tool called the ISAT.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Check out the parking lights connections, bulbs and earths. Somehow , current is leaking into the directionals circuit.

Examine both front and back..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts