SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought a 2001 3.0 diesel with 136k on the clock. It goes reasonably on the flat but really struggles accelerating up hill and produces black smoke if pushed. Got it cheap as the engine management light is on (and has been for the past 12 months apparently). It starts ok, doesnt use much coolant, runs at the midway point on the temp gauge and does 40mpg. Having read some of the 3.0 Tid posts on here (since buying the car unfortunately) I'm trying to decide whether its worth getting it looked at; I dont intend spending much on it and will probably only keep it for 12 months or so if it keeps going. It had a £650.00 turbo inspection done in Sept 2011 and seemed to get a clean bill of health with no mechanical damage found on the turbocharger other than carbon deposits.

Many thanks for your help on this. Should I just keep driving it, is there anything cheap worth trying out or do you think it all going to horribly wrong??

·
Super Moderator
2,033 Posts
You'll have more luck posting in the correct forum. This one is for new 9-5's...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts