SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warning Light reset.

Is it possible for me to turn off or reset all the dash indicator lights.
All systems check out, but all the lights are on,
abs, engine, triangle, ect.

We just had it serviced by some lousy saab people.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
If the lights are ON there is a problem somewhere. Does your speedometer work? If not, then you have an ABS module problem.

If it was 'good' before you took it for service, and 'broken' now, the shop you took it to needs to fix it for you....

·
Registered
222 Posts
My car had a bad right rear wheel bearing. They said that's what was causing the trouble lights. I guess we'll see. My wife didn't see the problem on the way home from the dealership (10 miles or so)...

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Esteban Primero said:
We just had it serviced by some lousy saab people.
Take it back :confused:

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
volswagn said:
My car had a bad right rear wheel bearing. They said that's what was causing the trouble lights. I guess we'll see. My wife didn't see the problem on the way home from the dealership (10 miles or so)...
You need to find a different shop to work on your car. A bad wheel bearing is not gonna cause a CEL on the dash. :evil:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Kermit said:
You need to find a different shop to work on your car. A bad wheel bearing is not gonna cause a CEL on the dash. :evil:
I asked Gordon (the Saab Service Manager at Smithtown Saab/VW) how that would trip an ABS/ESP light on the dash (because it didn't make sense to me either) and he said the sensor is in the hub mechanism.

I figured I'd just bring it back if it happened again. The car is under warranty for two more years, and unfortunately they're the only local dealer.

When I went to get some coffee at the local McDonalds while I was waiting, I walked by Star Motors, which supposedly is a very highly regarded independent Saab shop run by a guy named Paul.

It didn't go too well. He was a total dick to me when I stopped in, so I don't think I'll be bringing my car there either.

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112134

I have no idea what to do now other than to keep bringing the car back if it happens again (it hasn't yet).

All this has me second guessing selling my Mazdaspeed6 for another Saab. I think one car with occasional issues that I have to bring to a bad dealership is going to be enough for my patience and sanity.

·
Registered
10,081 Posts
volswagn said:
I asked Gordon (the Saab Service Manager at Smithtown Saab/VW) how that would trip an ABS/ESP light on the dash (because it didn't make sense to me either) and he said the sensor is in the hub mechanism.
<without knowing much about 95s specifically, having followed a pointer from a Lounge thread to get here...>

Yep, ABS sensors are in the hub. It's entirely feasible that a knackered wheel bearing is causing enough play to change the air gap for the ABS sensor (also used by ESP) sufficiently to either damage the sensor or trip some over/undervoltage warning - but I'd have thought you'd _hear_ that wheel bearing LOOOOOONG before that...

·
Registered
2 Posts
2001 Saab 9-5

This is funny, my car was making weird front tire noises that you described, no mechanic could hear it.
Then, my Check Engine Light kept coming on and the ABS OFF lights kept coming on.
They re-set the codes
P1230. P1260, P0101.
5 minutes down the road- Lights all returned.
They keep re-setting the codes to no avail.
Now I have to double foot drive to keep my car going. Gas and Brake.
The mechanic (not Saab) told me I need a new Throttle Body.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sorry to post to an older thread, but I did want to update this thread to let people know that we took a long trip this past weekend and the lights did not come back on. It would appear the bad bearing was, indeed, causing the ESP and ABS lights to come on. Knock on wood, we're all good. Score one for the dealership.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts