SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replace engine. All good. Also changed throttle body. Will not start. Throwing up code P1230
(0) throttle position Sensor 1 and 2 circuit. Sum out of range
What next

·
Super Moderator
2,922 Posts
Don't have a ton of diag experience with B308 motors, however there is an independent ground for the TB it appears. It's ground is also tied into the coolant temp sensor, the charge air sensor (on a boost hose), and shares ground with the front Oxygen sensor. Check your connections, we've all been there after an engine swap. You should have ground on Pin 4 (black wire). Not familiar with the set up enough, however you'll have +12 on one of the wires (to drive the motor) and the sum of 5V across 2 others for reference voltage on the potentiometers. Could be a bad TB but unlikely if it happened after a motor swap. Good Luck!
Tom

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today I sprayed some aero start in through vacuum port. Engine nearly started. Could be blocked injectors. I have sent injectors away the be serviced. I will keep you posted

·
Super Moderator
2,922 Posts
Good luck, I've never seen injector problems on a Saab. However it sounds like you may not have injector pulse, get yourself some noid lights and see if you're getting injector pulse.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The injectors have been sitting around for along time. I have been told by Steve in new they glaze over and need cleaning. I ruling out problems one by one

1 - 5 of 5 Posts