SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. i just dropped the manual tranny out of my 900S because it lost reverse, and upon inspection had a cracked case as well i assume from poor maintenance last time the clutch was changed. anyhow, i have a swapped tranny from a 98 and i need a new clutch. EVERYWHERE i go to ask i get a 350-500 dollar range. is there any place i can find a cheaper clutch set?

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
Hi everybody. i just dropped the manual tranny out of my 900S because it lost reverse, and upon inspection had a cracked case as well i assume from poor maintenance last time the clutch was changed. anyhow, i have a swapped tranny from a 98 and i need a new clutch. EVERYWHERE i go to ask i get a 350-500 dollar range. is there any place i can find a cheaper clutch set?
That's a pretty good price for a clutch set. That's what I was seeing 3-4 years ago. Add another $1000 for a good/used mileage transmission, clutch cable and another $1000 for installation and you are good to go, unless you can DIY and save the installation fees... Ron

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a pretty good price for a clutch set. That's what I was seeing 3-4 years ago. Add another $1000 for a good/used mileage transmission, clutch cable and another $1000 for installation and you are good to go, unless you can DIY and save the installation fees... Ron
I bought a transmission from a 98 for $350, and i bit the bullet on the clutch for 300 from CarQuest. i plan to do it myself, im on a tight tight budget.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts