SaabCentral Forums banner

94 9000 cse turbo rebuild

630 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Ryengoth
Alright boys, its time for a turbo rebuild. does anybody know what the exact turbo in a 1994 Saab 9000 cse is? i have found a lot of people saying its a t3, and other say its a t25. Im trying to find a rebuild kit for it but dont know the turbo. thanks!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,618 Posts
I thought a CSE would be the Garret, forget the model no. I have it in my 93 9000 griffin.

Only the Aero manual had the TD04.
Full pressure.

The autos had the smaller Garret.
And it is just fine.
I tweaked mine with T5 suite, to bring it up close to the Aero specs.

But I don't give it a hard time, the auto does not like it.

· Registered
2,046 Posts
Alright boys, its time for a turbo rebuild. does anybody know what the exact turbo in a 1994 Saab 9000 cse is? i have found a lot of people saying its a t3, and other say its a t25. Im trying to find a rebuild kit for it but dont know the turbo. thanks!
Depends on whether the engine is HPT or LPT.

The obvious differences:
1. APC solenoid + associated tubing. HPT has these, LPT doesn't
2. Original Turbo/APC gauge on the dash. HPT has one, LPT doesn't

The 8th character of the VIN:
1. An HPT will be an R
2. An LPT will be an U

Turbocharger as supplied from the factory:

1. The HPT/R came stock with a Mitsubishi TD04 or a T25 (and an APC system)
2. The LPT/U came stock with a Garrett T25 (and no APC)

A lot of variables right? And since you have a CSE (normally equipped with HPT/APC), the turbo could be either one of them.

So if you want to keep things simple when ordering your rebuild kit, it might be best to pull the turbo first and check the ID tags/stampings to determine exactly what you have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.