SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`ve had my 93 for a couple of months now..I`m fairly happy with the handling but find when traveling at tight corners it will understeer; especially traveling arround roundabouts at less than 25mph. The car came with a stronger rear sway bar and has new tyres with correct psi, is there anything people can recomend?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
There is an entire set of items designed to improve the handling. Can you give us more information as to what is in there already? Do you have the Viggen Rescue Kit? Front Subframes of any kind? Upgraded polyurethane control arm bushings? How old are the shocks and struts? How are your springs? etc.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Under-steering to a degree is normal for Saabs and any nose heavy vehicle.The only way to really avoid this is to have a mid-engine racing car design - this is, impractical...

Try various tire pressures, eg ,36 in front and 30 in the rear..

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
you could also experient with different spring and damper rates. Or you could just go put some bags of cement in the trunk and see how that works!

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Bigger anti-roll bar.

Rack brace.

Lowered a lot.

Still understeers badly on a particular bend which is off-camber just after a curve the other way. Like a big pencil eraser scrubbing-off speed.

At least the torque steer and horrible white-lining has gone. Suspect new bushings here and there will probably help it to track better.

It's pretty good, but it doesn't pick it's nose up and pull you round where you want to go when you're back on the gas. Not fun-fun handling, but it more than makes up by making things dissapear in the mirrors on the straight bits.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I`ll try the higher pressures at the front, have done it by the book up till now by having equal front & rear.

One thing I have noticed is how soft the rear is, I`m thinking the rear dampers (95k miles)are past their best. Am I right that new dampers would firm up the rear, common sense would dictate that it would be the springs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts