SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of doing something to my 2004 linear, the PPC or BSR stuff is on the low side of a grand as 'cuz I'm currently a student thats to much to spend so im looking at some suspension stuff.

Is installing springs on the 93 very difficult? I dont want to spend the $200 that shops want to install them but I'd gladly spend $100 on tools and do it myself. Ohh yeah and has anyone ever installed the genuinesaab.com 9-3 03-06 Uprated Suspension Bushings Inner do they make a difference in ride or cornering? Any input appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
it wont take even 100$ worth of tools. go to auto zone and loan a set of spring compressors. if your mechanically inclined in the slightest it shouldnt take more than an hour

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Heh, and hour?

Well, the front's are pretty standard. Disconnect some brake stuff, disconnect the sway bar, take out the strut and spring and you know what to do then.

The rears? Ha.

You need to unbolt the whole rear suspension, and then disconnect the shocks, at that point you should be able to take the spring off.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I have this little job down to a 'T' now after messing with standard and Hirsch springs with my Koni FSD... Fronts take about 30 minutes a side and I can swap out the rears at 20 minutes a side..... the rears are far easier than the fronts... just release the top damper mount and push down the rear subframe with your foot..this gives you enough room to pull the spring out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts