SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the manual it states that 93 octane gas is recommended. Is it bad for the engine if I were to put just regular from now on? I have a 2005 92x Aero. Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well, this question has been answered before, but yes, it will be bad for you engine, at least that your engine won't make power like it should because it is retarding the timing.

Use high octane.

·
Registered
86 Posts
saabe1 said:
Just to clarify..
The manual says use Premium unleaded (minimum 91 AKI or higher)

Not 93
That's because 93 octane isn't available everywhere. In some parts of the US the highest they can get is 91.

If you can get 93, use it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
jdmpartstx said:
That's because 93 octane isn't available everywhere. In some parts of the US the highest they can get is 91.

If you can get 93, use it.
I'm in Canada and I had been using 91 octane from the beginning. I've switched to 94 octane a month ago and I swear I can tell the difference...better performance all around (better power and better mileage) so high octane is a must and the higher the better:lol:

·
Registered
86 Posts
fishnut said:
I'm in Canada and I had been using 91 octane from the beginning. I've switched to 94 octane a month ago and I swear I can tell the difference...better performance all around (better power and better mileage) so high octane is a must and the higher the better:lol:
Try doing an ECU reset and then drive the car hard for a couple days on that 94 octane. It should feel even better. Just disconnect the negative battery terminal for 5 minutes or so while standing on the brake pedal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
jdmpartstx said:
Try doing an ECU reset and then drive the car hard for a couple days on that 94 octane. It should feel even better. Just disconnect the negative battery terminal for 5 minutes or so while standing on the brake pedal.
can you explain how standing on the brake pedal will do anything when there is now power on the car ? (disconnecting the negative...:roll:

·
Registered
12 Posts
You press the brake pedel after disconnecting the battery to drain any power that may still be in the system. The ECU has to lose all power to fully reset. If you have been driving with 94 octane and can feel the difference then my guess is a full ECU reset won't do much for you. The full ECU reset is generally to get results faster from tuning [or changing fuels]:confused:.

Check out NASIOC
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302047

Also, my previous post was clarifying the manual says to us a 91 or higher [not 93 or higher]. I support running the highest octane you can find!:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts