SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 9000 CSE Turbo with the Clarion cd player/ tape deck head unit. When playing a cd, the equalizer backlight is usually out (display still works). I thought maybe the led's might be out in the backlight, but occasionally the backlight turns on. This leaves me to beleive it's something else. Loose connection, dirty contacts?

I opened the entire thing up and checked the connetions, didn't see anything directly, but I'm pretty new with electronics. Any ideas on why the backlight is out? Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OKay. Sort of figured it out. A connection is broken somewhere in the cd player. Don't know where, but I soldiered a couple wires from one of the led's that was working (one behind the track change button) and ran it to one of the led's behind the backlight. It was just a 12v line, so it lit up without a problem.

It seems to me like this is a consitant problem with the unit seing how I've replaced the cd players two times in the past 4 years or the backlight always flickered on/off. So it's either a over-time defect in the manufacturing process or there was just a connection break somewhere before it even saw the cd player. I know it's connected in parralel with the dimmer switch... so who knows.

Do you guys have problems with the your backlight?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts