SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have had this problem for a long time now, and none of my fellow Norwegian SAAB enthusiasts is able to help me/figure this out. I will try to keep this a tidy thread, so people won't get too confused to answer it. It cranks fine, by the way.

first off, symptoms:
-cranks fine
-does get plenty of fuel to fuelrail, but not through injectors (or do I have to ground the fuelrail when the two screws are removed?)
- does not have spark either
- "injection system" relay (main relay according to wiring diagrams) buzzing like HE#¤ when key turned to "on" AND when cranking (turned to start)
- fuse 23 blows when I try to measure between pin 1 and 24 on ECU connector with volt meter. (all three other options give a good 12 volts(between pin 48 and both gronds, which are 24 and 25, and between pin 1 and 25))

Tried:

fuel pump OK
fuel pump relay OK (I guess so, since the fuel pump is delivering as it should)
CPS OK (bought a used one, taken out of a running car)
DI OK (always have a known good spare)
ignition switch OK (tried one from my -94 CSE)
Injection system relay OK (tried at least four different ones now)
all fuses OK (replaced them all, just in case)

Diagnose:

UP TO YOU GUYS! any suggestions are gladly accepted, and if my English is so bad you're afraid of misunderstanding anything, please let me know.

-Edward

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Try swapping ECU if possible. The only thing I can think of which would lead to no spark and no injectors opening, except the ignition switch would be ECU. So, try a known good one. If that doesn't help it is probably something silly, like lost ground...

Any check engine light?
Klim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll try swapping ECU with someone in a few days from now.. just been out by the car with a friend of mine, doing some more research. found out that the cause of fuse 23 blowing, was myself being a so-called noob with the volt meter :cheesy: (got the plus and minus pins to touch each other while measuring)

No cel-lights..
checked about all of the grounds..... - I think.

thanks for replying :)

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Good stuf man! ENjoy it:cheesy:

Klim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts