SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Need an ECU for a 2008 Saab 93 2.8 V6 250bhp. Can anyone help? I've had no luck on Facebook/eBay/Gumtree. I've also tried the local scrap yards but no luck there either
T.I.A

·
Registered
76 Posts
Pretty sure I have one in my spare parts bin but will check. It was pulled from a 2008 9-3 Aero 2.8L v6 FWD. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not that will work for my car as it's RWD?
Do you mean it's XWD?

2008 Saab 93 2.8 V6 250bhp
The FWD 9-3's from around 2007+ were rated around 250hp with the B284L v6 engine while the XWD cars were 280ish hp with the B284R.

That's why I thought yours would have been FWD. Nonetheless please include all specifics of your car when seeking parts. I know a guy with an ECU from a 2008 9-3 Aero 2.8L v6 XWD (B284R) with 6 speed manual transmission. Not sure if yours is an auto and if the manual trans ECU would be compatible. Also not sure on cost but I can ask if interested.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Give this a thread a read
Here

It is possible to use any ME9.6 V6 ECM and flash it with the correct BIN file for your model and get it going.
I just did this with a ECM from a 06 aero and got it installed and working in my 07 Aero.
The same site in this thread, also has a good amount of base OEM ECM files available to be download and used. This is helpful if you are unable to download the one from your ECM

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pretty sure I have one in my spare parts bin but will check. It was pulled from a 2008 9-3 Aero 2.8L v6 FWD. PM me if interested.
I just double checked, my car is fwd. Can you message me please. I've been after an ECU for months. My car's a manual

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you mean it's XWD?

The FWD 9-3's from around 2007+ were rated around 250hp with the B284L v6 engine while the XWD cars were 280ish hp with the B284R.

That's why I thought yours would have been FWD. Nonetheless please include all specifics of your car when seeking parts. I know a guy with an ECU from a 2008 9-3 Aero 2.8L v6 XWD (B284R) with 6 speed manual transmission. Not sure if yours is an auto and if the manual trans ECU would be compatible. Also not sure on cost but I can ask if interested.
Hi, my car is manual. Can you pm me please

1 - 11 of 11 Posts