SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I have 150W sound system and I want to upgrade it. My plan is add little amplifier Audison SRX2 and 6,5 speakers to rear tray. Is possible to connect it to existing power wires? Amplifier has 20A fuse, when I calculate 7A per 1mm2, this mean max. 3mm2 power wire. Relatively thick wires I seen in left side of trunk, so I think to myself - maybe one of this wire is for original bass amp (rear tray speakers), but with this simply 150W sound system is not linked. Is it possible, or not, what do you think?
Thank you for answer.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Original amp power wire is 2.5mm2 wire from dash fuse 14 and ground wire is also 2.5mm2, ground point is under left seat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I meant this : If customer with 150W system wanted to upgrade to 300W system, had to Saab (after sale) service add power wires to original GM bass amplifier? Or is possible to connect amplifier to wires which are on the left side of trunk? And if is this possible, I can connect non original amplifier and I do not have to instal special power wire from battery.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Yes/no.
Yes you can connect amp to REC power supply wires, but you NEED FUSE! You can not cut wires, just splice them.
No, you can not use any other connections, because REC has NO external power outputs. Even fuses are not connected to connectors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe you will think I´m clever like son of village idiot and "weather forecast girl", but what is REC? I thought about it, I was looking for, but I don´t know...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know it yet - REAR ELECTRIC CENTRE. On the upper part of photo, I see several thick wires - red, red/blue and so on. Do you know which cable is good one for my needs? In my huble opinion is important to chose that one, which is free, or connected to low current conssuption.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello.
I have 150W sound system and I want to upgrade it. My plan is add little amplifier Audison SRX2 and 6,5 speakers to rear tray. Is possible to connect it to existing power wires? Amplifier has 20A fuse, when I calculate 7A per 1mm2, this mean max. 3mm2 power wire. Relatively thick wires I seen in left side of trunk, so I think to myself - maybe one of this wire is for original bass amp (rear tray speakers), but with this simply 150W sound system is not linked. Is it possible, or not, what do you think?
Thank you for answer.
I'm following this thread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts