SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded by saab for an updated project. a 1992 9000 s, i was wondering is there a way to swap out the steel sunroof for a glass one?

Any suggestions would be nice, thank you.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Yes, you can do this. I have a glass sunroof (aka moonroof) in my garage still waiting to be installed in my 1991. There are a couple ways to go about it. You can remove the headliner and just swap out the entire assembly. Or, you can replace just the panel, which doesn't require headliner removal. I will probably do the former, because I want to have the headliner redone anyway.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have any idea of how to do it...put in the glass? instructions might be helpful if anyone cares to chime in i would be grateful.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Aaron, could you forward the procedure to me as well? I'm on my way to the local U-Pull yard and the 9000 there has a moonroof I've been lusting after but didn't know how to swap it with mine.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Aaron,

Got the PM. It sounds pretty easy. I went to the yard and they're closed till after Christmas :x so I didn't get it yet. I'll be giving the swap a shot as soon as I get my hands on the glass.

THANKS AGAIN!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts