SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this is my first post here. I bought my 900 brand new in Germany in 92. It has been a sweet little car. A little expensive to have repaired but I love it just the same.

My current problem is that when it rains we end up with wet floor boards in the front. The dash stays dry so it don't think it is the windshield seal. If I had to guess I would say that it is coming from the a/c vents but I'm not sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
One common place for a leak is the sunroof. If you open it fully you should see 4 drain holes, one in each corner. These can get clogged up with dirt and then overflow. The front 2 go down the A pillars either side of the windscreen and out in the wheel arch, the rear 2 go down the C pillars and out at the side air vents - teh vents just unscrew to gain access. Run a length of wire or something down the drain to ensure it is clear then test it with a jugful of water.

One other thing to check is that it is not coolant leaking from the heater valve. This should be easy to check - coolant smells sweet and is slippery to the touch.

Welcome to Saab Central :cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Searched for a lot but didn't come up with "footwells"

Looks like I may have the answer! Thanks for the replys.
In this US spec'd 900 I do have a/c but don't have vents (No sunroof either.). If I hit the "max" a/c button it closes the vent that allows fresh air into the a/c system. Problem is that when I turn off the engine that vent automatically opens again. Could there be a vacuum leak?

So, what I did was take a shop vac out and clean out the a/c air intake and pour a pint or so of water in the intake. Ran right out the bottom. Hopefully this takes care of the problem

Thanks again,

Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts