SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped in to a local wrecker today, and found a 1991 900s 4 door with a set of absolutely perfect charcoal leather bucket seats.

Will these drop in to my 84 4 door without mods?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Dropped in to a local wrecker today, and found a 1991 900s 4 door with a set of absolutely perfect charcoal leather bucket seats.

Will these drop in to my 84 4 door without mods?
No the mounting system at the rear and the bolt spacing at the front are different. You could swap seat bases though.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Firstly ,, Phil is spot on , different mountings ,
the suggestion re swapping bases has some merit , but it should be noted the cut of the skin or squab is not the same , nor is the means of attachment etc . It is all very very similar but also very different , I am sure you could make it fit , but not sure how good it would look , Look at the bases and you will see what I mean .

I would look at developting an adaptor . Perhaps a flat or angle that you bolt to the rear mount bracket that incorporated mounting holes for the later seats , this is mere thinking aloud and would require a bit of trial and error . You would also need to rework the front mount holes again with an adaptor or a Replacement cross rail welded in ...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's too bad.
Well, if anyone needs some very nice seats, they are at the Modesto, Ca Pick N Pull.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts