SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does any one know who tells the A\C that my soft-top is down? Because when im driving with top UP its very common that my automatic A\C switch to the "convertible" mode...i hate that...

When i press roof button and give an "order" to move the top up (still with top up) A\C switchs to normal...for second.

I want to know wher to search for the problem.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
From WIS:

ACC Mode of Operation - Saab 900 Convertable

If the hood is lowered while the ignition is switched on or is down when the ignition is switched on, the SID will send a 'TOP OPEN" signal to the ACC control module, The ACC system will then be set as follows:

• "AUTO" is extinguished
  • The temperature disappears and is replaced by the position of the air-blending damper in steps from 1 to 10, where 10 is maximum heat
  • The air-blending damper will automatically assume the position last used when the hood was down
  • Fan speed is set to what it was the last time the hood was lowered and is shown on the display
  • The air distnbutor moves to the floor position
  • The recirculation damper assumes the fresh air position
  • AC is turned on
  • The electrically heated rear window is disabled
  • All manual functions except the electrically heated rear window can be selected.
According to WIS, the SID is the one giving the signal to tell the ACC to switch to convertable mode. You might have to check the sensors that tell the SID the position of the convertable top, maybe one of them is faulty.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You, ill try to check WIS for the sensors whitch are responsible for this problem ;)

Right now im in work...so later today ill check WIS at home...

Ill post the results :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shame on me...

...coz I cant find anything about switche(s) responsible for controling the A\C...ill check switches in top of windshield visualy...and ill see...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts