SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just on sorting my motor (900ng 2l 16v n/a) after it has spun no 3 big end, getting every thing ready, as engine out going to fully rebuild it, balance the pistons,rods,crank,flywheel and clutch assembly, do a bit of head work, new chains etc
up date
just finished machining some weight off the flywheel, so the crank,flywheel and clutch cover getting balanced, when new no 3 rod comes the rods and pistons can be done, head stripped cleaning casting flashes out of ports, and matching inlet to head,
any one else any ideas on what can be done which i have missed??
thanks
geoff

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
I am curious what the other bearings looked like, were they all ok except for #3? How about the chains and chain guides, any wearing down visible in the guides?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the chains dont have excessives wear, there was no chain rattle, the guides show signs of rubbing but nothing excessive for the miles, all the other bearings mains and big ends show no unusual wear/scoring, the big end journal on 3 is scored so will need regrind, the crank would of got away with only a polish is 3 was not so bad, cant work out reason why yet

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
It sounds like you covered everything. It's great you can do all that with your engine. All I can do is replace the bearings and maybe the chains, and hope the cylinders are ok. Any more than that, I might as well buy a new engine.

I posted some pics of worn chain guides from scrapped engines a while back, guessing mine are worn out but have not seen them yet.

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50974

1 - 4 of 4 Posts