SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so my 2.3L saab's clutch is going out and i went to an auto mechanic and he said i would also need my clutch cable if i am going to replace my clutch and i heard that in the later saab 900's there is a better clutch cable to use which one should i use for my 1994? Also which normal clutch kit can i get without having to spend tons of money. Just the simple clutch kit.

Thankyou so much!!

~Matt

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
Take a look at eeuroparts.com for your car and engine. They have a few different clutch kits, which is the clutch plate, the pressure plate and the release bearing.

The OEM clutch cable that they have is the same for the '97 cars, so it should be fine. I would stay away from aftermarket clutch cables (even if they have them in stock).

The only thing in question is if you need the release bearing sleeve. It's another $150, so you might ask your mechanic what he thinks. If he pulls the transmission and the release sleeve is worn, you might have to wait a few days for it to be shipped; and I don't think any mechanic wants to have a lift tied up for that long... Ron

·
Registered
88 Posts
Why would you need a new clutch cable just because you're replacing the clutch? ...unless its looking really ropey...

Just give the auto adjuster a spray with WD40 at the bulkhead to make sure it adjusts to the new clutch and it should be fine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts