SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I ordered a crank sensor for my 1993 2.1 from rockauto and the part in the picture arrived. Now that I'm in there it looks totally different to the part in my car behind the crank pulley. I've checked both eeuroparts and rockauto and the part is listed on both sites as the correct one for my model... am I missing something?
Road surface Automotive tire Asphalt Gas Tar

·
Registered
215 Posts
That is the wrong part, it is for a later Saab, Rock auto is wrong sometimes. Order for an '87.
I find the same thing with them when dealing with '85 16V turbo. When close to "tranission " years, often the catalogs are wrong.

·
Registered
10,170 Posts
This started happening recently and I don't know why. That part was not used on any Saab in '93. Saabs in '93 were still using Hall sensors. '94 was he first year if the VR sensor.

No auto parts stores carry the Hall sensor AFAIK. You gotta get it from an electronics supplier.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This started happening recently and I don't know why. That part was not used on any Saab in '93. Saabs in '93 were still using Hall sensors. '94 was he first year if the VR sensor.

No auto parts stores carry the Hall sensor AFAIK. You gotta get it from an electronics supplier.
Ok thanks for clearing that up.

·
Registered
10,170 Posts
See here:

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
You cannot order a complete CPS for a c900 as they are NLA and no place to my knowledge sells complete remanufactured c900 CPS's. 7484546 is the OEM part number for the C900 CPS for B202 and B212 motors. The cast housing that the sensor element itself mounts in is not available as a seperate part.

The hall sensor element in the C900 CPS (also used on 9000's) is a Honeywell 4AV-19F and is hard to find. Apparently Honeywell still does produce them but not a commonly supplied item. I'm not aware of any Chinese or equivalent aftermarket replacement.

The other 4AV-19x series ones are exactly the same but have shorter leads. The 'F' version has the longest (550 mm).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts