SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was doing normal driving and stopped at a sign, i shifted into 1st and noticed it was really slow and went into 2nd and i noticed it downshifted from 3rd. so i tried putting it in first and it wouldn't go and just went into 3rd. so i just rode 2nd cuz it wouldn't go into 1st anymore, then it stopped going into 2nd and i rode 3rd and decided it was best not to drive the car anymore. i just wanted to know if anyone knows what's wrong with the transmission, and had any suggestions. car is 1986 saab 9000 turbo manual, 131,xxx miles. thanks.

·
Registered
292 Posts
champagne9000turbo said:
thanks a lot for the help. i'm gonna check it out when i get the chance.
Easy fix is to wrap a couple of zip ties around the broken coupler to hold it together.

·
Registered
352 Posts
There is a chance that the rubber insides have deteroriated or otherwise f-ed up, which would cause the zip tie method to be of no help. If it was slipping, you could just tighten down the screws in the clamps, and if it was too messed up to do that, I doubt zip ties would help.

Anyways, it's a pretty interesting job to do, given it's location. Attacking it from underneath the car is my preferred method.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts