SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

I have fitted a 2.3 saab turbo into my Dax Rush (seven replica) and am having a problem starting it.
One area I want to discount is that there is a group of 4 blue cables which come out from the bottom of the inlet manifold. These then change into a set of 4 green cables. On the bottom of the manifold there is a metal strip which seems to cover these cables which runs from one end of the manifold to the other.

many thanks for any help you can give.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Has is started since the transplant?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Just an update.
I now have the motor running and it turns out that the main problem is that the original ECU loom had 2 cables one of which turned out to be a continuous elec supply which was closing the idle valve when trying to start. After many emails back and forth to Andy at OMEX(these people are really helpful and knowledgeable) we have now resolved the problem by taking an ECU supply to the valve.
I still do not know what the 4 blue cables are for although they do not seem relevant to my set up.
Just a few jobs to do before it needs to be put on the rolling road. The engine is standard from a 2.3 griffin which I am assured is a 200bhp and if this is correct I am also assured from various articles that it should now go somewhere towards the 320bhp. We shall see!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts