SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always thought that 9000 rear seats wont fit a c900?

So does anyone know hows this guy did it?

That looks ultra plush, and now I have ideas which are going to hurt my bank account ;oops:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Silly question maybe but are you sure thats a c900? The parcel shelf area looks smaller than I would have expected and the tail gate glass looks shorter

·
Registered
491 Posts
wow wow wow, I didnt know the rears just fit in there!! I heard about this but wasn't sure, and it does look like a c900, bad camera angle/compression.

They look great, my bank account will likewise suffer.
-Alex

·
Registered
888 Posts
Ron Hamperehill said:
Silly question maybe but are you sure thats a c900? The parcel shelf area looks smaller than I would have expected and the tail gate glass looks shorter
That's 100% a c900!
The parcel shelf looks shorter because of the higher seat backs. Note the whaletail, parcel shelf clip 1/2 way up the tailgate piller and the rear windows.

Pic of my 5 door:

As you can see, from the last picture, I also need to know the secret of fitting the Aero rear seats to a c900.

Dan.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sorry if I give the "secret" away but isn't it only the '88-'89 and newer c900's that can take the 9000 seats?
Without re-welding work that is...

·
Registered
491 Posts
ahh, I've heard that too I know my car falls into the accepting category (a 91). There was a recent (last night?) post on here that said the exact date, but whether it was in the workshop, projects, or performance I know not.
-Alex

·
Registered
173 Posts
Whats the difference between the 9000 seats and the 900 SPG seats?

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
The rear seats do not just "fit". Fitting this requires extensive work.

Any 1992+ 900 front seats are the same in the 9K save for the tilting mechanism.

Fitting 9000 seats in 1991 and older vehicles requires some crafty work to create something to mount to. The older seats base is VERY different.

The best thing to do would be to find 9000 seats with good leather and swap the skins. Manual seats are better anyways, they do not break! I have power seats in my 9-5 and all it does it make me more lazy; however, the seats do not accomplish any new angles the 900 can't.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I put 9000 skins and foam on 900 bases in the front of my '89 and modified the 9000 rear headrests to fit 900 rear seats....

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah that is a c900

I remember seeing a regular 9000 leather rear seat in the back of a c900 and it was squashed and was just to big... Maybe the aero seats are smaller? They really are only a 2 seater back seat.

Can anyone get the dimensions for the aero back seats? Or has anyone tried to install the back seat first hand?

·
Registered
888 Posts
aerobar900 said:

So a 'cut and shut' job onto a c900 seatbase!

Maybe the aero seats are smaller? They really are only a 2 seater back seat.
The seat frame is the same width as regular 9000 seats, the actual leather covering and foam base are wider where they form 'wings' to support you. It is only a 2 seater because of the shape of those 'wings' there is still a large fold down armrest.

Dan.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Dans_t16s said:
So a 'cut and shut' job onto a c900 seatbase!

Dan.
So it seems, probably best left for a professional as I imagine this would be difficult. The amount of leg room might also be a problem. It looks like the 9000 front seats are more bulkier and if the rear seat is the same you may find you have very little leg room.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
aerobar900 said:
So it seems, probably best left for a professional as I imagine this would be difficult. The amount of leg room might also be a problem. It looks like the 9000 front seats are more bulkier and if the rear seat is the same you may find you have very little leg room.
Yeah but there isn't any leg room at the best of times!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yipcanjo said:
A bit off-topic, perhaps, but doesn't anyone else find the 9000 seats kinda "ugly"??? :confused:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but... yes, I do!

I think it might be like sitting in a 9-3 where the rear seat passengers' forward visibility is greatly restricted by the *huge* front seats.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts