SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I located a TD04HL turbo in a 93 9000. In the morning I'm planning on finish ripping it out of the car (got at the junk yard 15min before closing) to get it ready to put in my 99 9-3 with AC.

I didn't look at it before I left, but after a short search online the 9000 Intercooler is a cross intercooler, unlike the 9-3's which has the inlet and the out on the same side.

Does anyone know if the 9000 intercooler fits the 9-3 without any mods/cutting? Is it a really a improvement from the stock 9-3 cooler?

Thank you

·
Registered
205 Posts
Search and look up info about the 9-3 Viggen/HOT crossflow intercooler. Direct bolt in and im not sure about the 9000 IC but anything can be made to fit if you want it to

·
Registered
806 Posts
The 9000 intercooler is not a particularly good IC, even compared to the stock double pass IC on the og9-3. Although it has a very large frontal area it is so thin that it is a major restriction on the intake piping. this crossed my mind a long time ago as I had free access to several of them, but I determined it was not worth it

As neilv said, you would be better off checking the yard for the crossflow that came stock on some og9-3s and the viggen.

Don't want to sound like a salesman here, but I do have an extra crossflow from my '99 9-3 that I would be willing to sell for cheap. Shipping might be a bit pricey since its a big part

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, thanks for the reply!

I was just thinking while I was there to grab it, but I decided against it since it looked like it might be taller then I could fit without cutting and all the other IC's at the yard were to big, or to much of a pain to grab (not a saab only yard). I do want an IC that is better then stock, but its not high on my priority. I was planning to work on suspension before getting into my turbo, but I just happened to find the turbo without any play for under $100.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts