SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi hope someone can help my 90002.3 turbo 1993 has developed a starting and running problem think its the ets on the throttle housing as it wont start unless i manually pull the throttle by hand. wont idle unless i hold the throttle by hand i know these are rare and not the best but need help bad.. acc peddle is really stiff now too help
thanks

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
sounds like your in limp mode, the most likely thing is a split hose so carefully check out the vacumm pipes if it all looks ok there are 2 soliniods, 1 near the battery the other on the bulk head drivers side, they each have three pipe connections the one on the bulk head fauls and the ets goes in to limp mode but you can swop it with the one near the battery to see if it cures the fault

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks thats great will give that a go i knew that it had something to do with it but didnt know what cheers will let you know how i get on hope it work as saab never gave looked likely to fix her... still trying to get an engine for my areo been quotes between 5-7 hundred for a second hand one but not too sure if engine will be sound after spending that and dont thik i would be too happy if its shot too... heres hoping live in hope die in despiar

thanks in for you help mate
:p

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
If the vacum hoses or solenoid switch don't do it, try removing all the connectors on the TCS system wiring, clean w/ elect parts cleaner and seal w/ dialectric grease. This plus all new vacum hoses will prevent most TCS problems.

Good luck

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi

tryed the solinoids and they both seem to be working on the front inner wing but the one on the bulk head does not seem to be working with any of them plugged in there.no suction from faulse bulk head one. will try and clean them tomorrow what other parts of the system will need cleaned and could the peddle potentiometer be gone one min was working fine then gone... real nightmare as my areo broke within 6 hours too. both dead areo needs engine.thing have sourced second hand one for £500 should be wearing a mask day light robbery when they know you need it..... help

thanks again
:cry:

·
Registered
43 Posts
similar to my problem.

just wondering if you may have the same problem as im am having with my 9000 cde.
engine fires but wont start unless throttle is held open and even then its realy lumpy and over fueling?

i have replaced di cartridge,air mass meter,and temperature sensor,all with no affect. im now going to try replacing the lamda sensor .
if this works i will let you knw.

good luck with yours.
leigh..:)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
having the very same problems but now my abs is acting up brake peddle is very hard now as if the servo is not working.... i would not bother with the lambada sensor mine was broke and the car still ran on my areo though with heavy fueling and its flash code:roll:

checked both solinoids on wing and faulse bulkhead and both work though one on bulk head never works unless i change it over so something not working up to it... it has no suction like on the wing...... very strange idles very low if i get her to tic over and if i pull one of the vacum hoses off inlet manifold it tics over a bit better though this is not the answer... does anyone know how to check the peddle potentiometer or have any other ideas what this could be at my witts end here lol......

cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts