SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm planning to buy a 9000 cs 2,3 16v 1992, there are two probplems with this car,

1) the cooling fan doesnt work, the seller has changed the thermo sensor or wathever the name is, its plased in the cooler. He also put a cable directly to the relay from the thermo sensor to chek if it was a faulta cable, he checked the fan motor and it was fine. any clues?

2) cruise control is not working. he hasn't checked it at all.

In all other ways the car looks great, felt like a new car almost only 16300 km and the timing chain and gears was changed, also fully served at saab autorized centre. Is there anything else i should look at? The only rust i culd found was in the front of the hood and a little in the bottom of drivers door.

thanks in advance
BR
Mikael Tunberg

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Cooling fan shouldn't be hard to fix, there is only the rad switch, relay, fuse and fan to trace.

Cruise control is usually a leak in the vacuum system or broken or misaligned pedal switches. I say "usually". :)

What's the condition of the A/C like? If 1992, it could be charged with R12.

David.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi!
This is a car without AC or ECC, i live in sweden so I can't say i'm going to miss that feature... hopefully I'm going to buy this car tommorow.
BR
Mikael

1 - 3 of 3 Posts