SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, I have just purchased a performance cone filter for my 9000 CD LPT, how do I go about removing the old airbox as It seems to dissapear into the body of engine bay, also what is the best route to get a direct cold air pipe in, as the whole front seems abit inaccessable?? any hints would be much appreciated

·
Registered
352 Posts
A lot of people choose to use the same location for the cold air intake, by removing the stock pipe and running the filter to the wheel well area.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just another question

Will adding a performance cone filter make any difference to the car, I have been told that it may give the wooosh effect that a BOV gives?? is this true

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
As was said abovem you will need to remove the fender trim.
Then you will see a black box. Unclip the clips, and the box will come apart. There is really no need to remove the whole box, If you woul drill holes in it, and install a K&N filter in it, you would get the same effect.
You do get much louder BOV sound and louder turbo sound.
My turbo sound is louder then my exaust:)))lol

klim

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
The coolest thing I find is that when you are driving really slow, in 1st let's say with windows down, and just give it a little gas, you can hear the turbo just quitely start spool up. If you actually listen carefully, you will hear the turbo as soon as you press the throttle, not only when you floor it. That's really cool, sounds a bit like a turbo diesel 18 wheelers moving away from a traffic light:))

Flooring thought leads to an oblivion of sound. If you are a shy person, you might not like it. I love it.

Klim

·
Registered
35 Posts
I took the cover off of mine thru the drivers (US) turnsignal hole. Unclip and remove the turnsignal assembly and then you can reach in and unclip the outside part of the box and it will drop down to the ground. (it's been a while)

I drilled some 2" holes but ended up covering them. I found that just removing the snorkel was enough for me.

Frank
http://www7.taosnet.com/f10/saabplate/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts