SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have just acquired a 9000 turbo carlsson (1990), which has seen better days, I already own a 9000 turbo (1990). I hav read that the carlsson produces more power, how was this acheived? Is it just the mapping, or is there engine internal differences? What suspension differences are there between the two?

I have tried searching for the answers but couldnt find the answer.

Thanks

benji

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
The Carlson came in two forms a 2L and a 2.3L, I think it was only made for the UK market. Both models came with lowered / stiffened suspension and a body kit (rear spoiler, lower side skirts and front spoiler). As far as engines go, I think the 2.3L is equivalent to the aero with a different turbo to the standard 2.3 9k Turbo and different ECU to produce 20 or so extra hp, don't know about the 2L but would guess it's also uprated compared to the normal 9k 2L T.

·
Registered
101 Posts
2L had a different turbo and ECU along with all the body mods already mentioned.
Cat was an option as were leather seats, air con etc

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The air con is there, and so is a very lovely set of leather seats, which are being brought back to a nice condition thanks to autoglym. The leather seats are tagged as being scottish which i thought was a nice touch.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
your 1990 2.0l turbo should have the same turbo charger as the carlsson mitsi TE05, if you remove the red d/i apc box from under the passanger seat and post me the numbers off it i can tell you what BHP it will give you,there are three choices, 185, 195 & 204 bhp and it will be a direct swop for the one in your car

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thought the 2L had 185bhp if a cat was fitted and 195 with no cat.
Is it slightly newer ones that have the 205? Is it a slightly larger bore size?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts