SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
not really...

As far as I know... nobody really makes body kit for the 9000. If you dont already have an aero, you might be able to sniff out one from a dealership/junkyard etc. (the aero had a special, better body kit on it). you could always get one custom made... but that would cost $$$

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Aero kit will not fit, it is for CS 9ks. you need Carlson bodykit, lots of Carlson 9ks being scrapped in UK at moment, problem would be shipping but it is doable if you really want it.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Is the Airflow kit the same as the Carlsson kit? If not, there's always that, too. The Airflow 9000's had awesome wheels.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i'm currently working on making a front lip/spoiler for mine. I stole the concept from and 80's M3. I let you know how it comes out, and should aways be able to make more as i am making a fiberglass mold.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have a front and rear bumper kit for a 1990 also have aero skirts and a Carlson bridge spoiler send me a pm

·
Registered
302 Posts
eribuni seels a kit for 9000s up to 92 check it out on wings.com or spoilers.com I forgot wich one try eribuni.com too

·
Registered
830 Posts
Just FYI, Aero side skirts will fit on the early body style. I think if you then painted the lower front airdam and the lower portion of the rear bumper, it would look pretty darned good. Naturally, it wouldn't be as nice as an Erebuni or Airflow/Carlsson front and rear bumper. But, Aero side skirts for sale seem pretty easy to come by. If they happen to be in the color you need, so much the better. :)

·
Registered
830 Posts
I just called Erebuni today and got a bit of information. At this time, all they have for the 9000 are the front and rear bumpers. The price I think is quite good, at $359 for both, though shipping is $160 within the 48 states. The description they have on the web site is not quite accurate. Their parts for the 9000 completely replace the front and rear bumpers - or at the very least, the bumper covers. They do not supply any hardware, but say it will mount with either the stock hardware, or whatever your installation shop can make work. Also, since they are fiberglass, they say the pieces should only be painted after being mounted to the car.

So although it's only $520 for front and rear bumpers, you still have installation costs, then painting costs, neither of which seem inexpensive for quality work. I am also leary of fiberlass parts, though perhaps irrationally so. I think I'll just have my stock front airdam painted, and keep my eyes out for Saab airflow front and rear bumpers.

·
Registered
302 Posts
sometimes people fabricate their own kits once they get tired of them they sell them and fabricate new ones. If your lucky enough you might see a few on ebay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts