SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys , I am from the other side shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont tell them !!:D
Regular poster in the C900 forum running an 89 t16 aero .

Had several 900's but never a 9000 . I am posting because a guy I work with has pointed me in the direction of an 88 9000 that on paper sounds like it might have some potential .

The car is a white hatch , 88 , auto all electrics , turbo etc .

The head was removed some years back due to corrosion into combustion chamber and car billowing steam . Head was rebuilt , but for varying reasons ( like too many projects ) the car was never put back together .

The car has 180 k and without seeing it sounds very clean .

What are some of the common known problems that perhaps vary to a 900 ?

I know its the same B201 engine , What would the auto be? and what were they like ? any advise on known common issues would be greatly appreciated . I do my own Mechanicals so not that concerned re head job , Did they have any particular rust traps or suspension failings ? Any expectations re mileage on a well maintained AUTO box in these cars ?

I know some of these questions are like asking *how long is a piece of string * But I really have no knowledge of the 9000 and would love your input . Cheers and thanks ... Les , Melbourne Australia

Back again , Just read the FAQS and buyers guide Great right ups , well done all that contributed ,

Sounds like the Climate control could be a potential source for headaches , I guess Like the AUTO , I will have no way of really testing as the car isnt driveable at the moment .

Again , any input greatly appreciated evena ballpark on what this car would be worth in other parts of the world ? or Aussi 9000 owner?? I have no idea how they compare to a 900 on resale . ( 900's are very cheap in australia )

·
Registered
44 Posts
AUSSIE900 said:
Hi guys , I am from the other side shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont tell them !!:D

Again , any input greatly appreciated evena ballpark on what this car would be worth in other parts of the world ? or Aussi 9000 owner?? I have no idea how they compare to a 900 on resale . ( 900's are very cheap in australia )
Hello .
I thought it was me who was on the other side:cheesy:
I have a classic 900 too and I am asking the same question as you about 9000. and specialy about 9000 auto.
On a 9000 auto when there is no longer rear on the automatic gear box does it means the gear box need reeplacement , or is it easy to fix?
Here in France 900's are cheap except t16 in very good condition and sold by a garage with warranty.
9000 are much more cheap than 900. I would say a 9000 with auto gearbox worth nothing, nearly impossible to sell even for less than 500 euros (about 850 australian dollars)
bye

·
Registered
177 Posts
The autos can be a problem. If you can check the car out in person, the auto dipstick has a green handle. It's situated below the top radiator hose. The fluid colour will give you an idea of condition. In New Zealand something like that would be $500-$800 NZD.

·
Registered
44 Posts
ok Thank you :cheesy:

It is very pleasant to share infomations with you in australia or in New Zeland . One of my brother goes very often to australia or to New zeland for business and he likes it.
Beetween 270 and 420euros ( 1euro =1,9 NZD) It is really nothing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts