SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

My 9k Aero, 1996, is throwing up a passenger seat belt pretensioner fault. It is code B2446, Is this the drivers side, being right hand drive?

Does the sensor know its a UK car?

I have tried 3 spare pretensioners and the SRS light doesnt clear. I am suspecting the Sensor itself. This is located in the drivers side of the car.

I have a same year CSE as spare parts, would that sensor swap over ok does anyone know.

If I cant clear the SRS light I cant get it through and MOT.

Thanks

·
Registered
743 Posts
I thought the only way to clear it, even if the fault is corrected, is via Tech 2. I got the light a few months back for reason unknown.

Doug

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cant do that as I dont have a Tech 2, just Delphi. That wont reset it I suspect because it's a constant fault.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
SRS systems on these cars are Iffy.. at best.
My light went on years ago, my Tech 2 said it was due to a ground issue in the driver's door light switch . Yup Cleared it initially but it eventually reappeared. Yipppee.
I've had too many other issues with my Tech 2 contraption.. Enough so that I got rid of it. no regrets whatsoever
Have (10+ years now) a New SRS ecu as well as the infamous Clockspring device. But have never bothered to fit it.
The Primitive Airbags fitted to 9000's are simply Dangerous.
I removed the srs light from my edu 8~9 years ago and have never given it a second thought..
IF stuck with some inane MOT 'rule' ? All I can suggest is throw $$$ at the problem... and hope.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you remove the srs fuse or just the light? Surely an srs fault also incopacitates the belt pretensioners?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I taped over the light in the EDU so it doesn't... (according to My reading of my oem Saab manuals). disable anything other than the goofy airbags
But those explosive belt tensioner gizmos.. aren't an issue.. IF one adjusts/fits their seat belts intelligently to begin with.
g luck

·
Registered
5,775 Posts
Seat belt pretensioners will not deploy if you unplug them.
Try to connect 2R2 (1/2W) resistor to tensioner connector and check if fault is gone. Repeat to another tensioner.
All 9000 have same seat belts (and tensioners if equipped), there is NO Aero special parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts