SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi..

i'm just about to replace all 4 tyres and i'm considering 205/50's on the standard Aero 16" rims.. I know I may lose a little ride comfort but does anyone have direct experience of how much?

Also, how do the slightly skinnier tyres look on the stock Aero.. Mine hasn't been lowered (yet :cool: ) and I'm worried they may look a bit small in the wheel arches.. anyone have any pictures?

thanks

adrian

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Hi Adrian,

I run 225/45 on my super aeros with no rubbing problems and much improved traction over standard.
The change you are suggesting will be barely noticeable visibly ( I used 205/50 prior to my current tyres). As for the change in comfort, I can't really comment as I have the Bilstein Sport kit on mine, whats comfort?;) .

This may be of use:

http://www.turbotsd.com/DIY/tirecalc/turbotire.html

and heres a pic:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Cool car dude :cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mmm your aero does look nice andy...

thanks for the info... i didn't realise you could go wider than 205 on the standard rims.. i think 245 / 45 is a nice compromise... i'll get a quote tomorrow... i envy your bilsteins.. i had a nice koni / trent saab custom spring set on my old '85 900 T16 before it was nicked and the gearbox melted...

i really liked that combination, it was low but still looked 'standard' and tightened the handling up really well but didn't feel any less comfortable at all... the added tightness seemed to me more comfortable.. i don't like wallowing around! It took a little playing though getting the konis right.. i think the rears were slighly softer than the fronts...

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
The type and brand and range of the tyre make a difference to the comfort level, some tyres offer lots of grip and road noise, some offer less grip and less wear and even more road noise.

205 50 16 is perfectly fine, i suggest you get the best tyres you can afford.

·
Registered
98 Posts
In my opinion, get 205/55/16's.
I have 205/50/16 Toyo Proxes Z24 on my Super Aeros and I think they look horrible.
It sorta looks like my tire is underinflated even though I inflate them to 38-40 PSI.
Maybe its my tires, but I would totally rather have the correct size if your going to buy new tires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts