SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Saab 9000, Category 03A - Electrical, general, Section 1230 Sensor ACC (1994 - 1998) Control unit (1995 - 1998) 46 32 477 Refering to the above does anyone know whether this should be a simple plug in job as a straight replacement for a failure, or whether the four terminals should be soldered to the black red green and blue wires?
I suspect my 9000V6 may have been bodged in the past, ie soldered, with some sort of rubber vulcanising material filling in the gaps, and what I thought would be a simple 10 minute replacement job at lunchtime remains unfinished.
I was replacing as the heater blower now fails to operate at any temperature on the ACC, after previously, for a short period apparently having a mind of its own, before dying. The blower motor itself is fine, and I do already have a working spare. Not so simple as it might to find one, I am told, as these regularly fail, so I grabbed the chance!
Thanks!

(edit to include image)

·
Registered
99 Posts
it should have a 4 pin connector.. get a spare from the breakers and attach the cabling together.. will be far easyer than soldering directly and then its easyer in the future.

If the cables have been done as you suggest.. it might just be bad wiring.. in which case you can try to reuse the old controler by clean up the connector pins or take the lid off and join the cables somewhere inside.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts