SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In replacing the water pump I ordered a new banjo bolt with washers for the water pump side coolant pipe. Both banjo bolts are supposed to be the same size. This new Banjo bolt is too small. Just slides in and out of the threaded hole. It fits the other side so I know it's the correct size as per exploded parts diagram, but on my car it's too small. I've misplaced the original banjo bolt so can't compare or measure original. Anybody else had this issue? And, if so, what size banjo bolt did you use for the water pump side? Any ideas where to source banjo bolts for this application?

Thank you. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, sp53.

Eeuroparts is where I got the replacement banjo bolt that does not fit the water pump side. When I called them to see if there was another size available or an adapter, they were not able to help. Though I have since noticed this on their site: https://m.eeuroparts.com/Parts/79878/Banjo-Bolt-Adapter-14mm-to-12mm-000E00007/

I will call them on Monday to understand what this is and if it can be used in this case.

Still wondering though if anybody else has experienced this issue and what was done to resolve it?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Yes I remember when I put a pump on last time that that bongo bolt was smaller or different or something maybe or a real pain. I have some for the trans cooler, but I think they are the regular big ones, and I am not sure exactly what you need. Look and see if it is the same as the oil cooler or auto box ones? You should be able to measure the top of the bolt and that will give you the actually threaded part also.
Peace out

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I tried a M14 bolt (slightly different thread) and that seems to be right. So, I just ordered banjo bolt M14 1.5 (1.5 seems to be the thread for the other side). I'll post back once I see how that goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts