SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Go to an Auto parts store.

Why would you part out a car just for brakes?

·
Registered
962 Posts
I'm posting on this thread just so I get notified of what happens next...

·
Registered
888 Posts
Where can I find affordable brake pads for my 96 900?

To be fair, the value of a 1996 GM 3door hatch is probably less than the cost of a set of brake pads for it so I could understand the OP wanting to break it.

:lol:

Or the OP could ask in the correct forum. This one is for the CLASSIC Saab 900, not the GM models.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nearly half a million miles on it and I grow weary of working on it. Smart aleck. Of course I can go to a parts house Duh. Price for pads has tripled since last brake job. Was wondering. I wanted information not scarcasim. You guys can get on here and talk about your pretty cars all high and mighty but my SAAB has reached road warrior status with nearly a half million miles on it still dining on youngsters with their Tokyo Drift cars and pretty little Eclipses and any other car that wants to roll up next to it and have a go. I don't have to defend my car. Anyone that does not like it can take a flying leap into the nearest body of water. I think the nearly 500,000 miles that it has under its belt with no real major repair work does All the talking.... Good Day!!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Nearly half a million miles on it and I grow weary of working on it. Smart aleck. Of course I can go to a parts house Duh. Price for pads has tripled since last brake job. Was wondering. I wanted information not scarcasim. You guys can get on here and talk about your pretty cars all high and mighty but my SAAB has reached road warrior status with nearly a half million miles on it still dining on youngsters with their Tokyo Drift cars and pretty little Eclipses and any other car that wants to roll up next to it and have a go. I don't have to defend my car. Anyone that does not like it can take a flying leap into the nearest body of water. I think the nearly 500,000 miles that it has under its belt with no real major repair work does All the talking.... Good Day!!!!
I have to agree with you. I have been a member of several car forums and only in the Saab forum have I ever experienced or seen so much fighting and rudeness. It's not everyone but the few can make for bad experience. We are here to learn , help others and share a common interest.

·
Registered
962 Posts
And have a sense of humour, I should add. Might be warped, but a sense of humour nonetheless.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "affordable" but Oreilly Auto Parts has an inexpesive set for $27 (front or rear) up to $45.

I dunno...if I had 500K miles on mine I'd see it as a challenge to get to 1,000,000 :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure what you mean by "affordable" but Oreilly Auto Parts has an inexpesive set for $27 (front or rear) up to $45.

I dunno...if I had 500K miles on mine I'd see it as a challenge to get to 1,000,000 :)
This is what I was after Thankyou. I priced the pads at the parts store down the street and they were so high that I parked the car and have only driven it short trips. I really want to get rid of it because I sort of get drunk with its abilities and am going to get into trouble with speeding. I caught a break the last time I was cruising in the neiborhod of 100 he wrote me up cosiderably less. It seems that every little punk with annoyingly loud car wants to have a go with it and I can't help myself but to watch them dissappear in my rear view

1 - 13 of 13 Posts