SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im an 900 guy but today made me want a 9000 Aero. The thing looked like a regular car until you rode in it. About 7 grand was put into it, stuff like ecu mods, I believe a t 25 or something for the turbo (its suppose to spool up slower but for a longer time) and a short throw shifter along with other custom mods. The car was UNBELIEVABLE! It could walk on v8s, (mustangs are its prey) The car wasn't even full throttle and I thought my body was gonna go through the seat. Just wanted to say your 9000 Aeros are amazing. Don't tell any 900 guys I said this but 9000 Aero could walk all over almost any 900.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
93SAABJADE said:
Im an 900 guy but today made me want a 9000 Aero. The thing looked like a regular car until you rode in it. About 7 grand was put into it, stuff like ecu mods, I believe a t 25 or something for the turbo (its suppose to spool up slower but for a longer time) and a short throw shifter along with other custom mods. The car was UNBELIEVABLE! It could walk on v8s, (mustangs are its prey) The car wasn't even full throttle and I thought my body was gonna go through the seat. Just wanted to say your 9000 Aeros are amazing. Don't tell any 900 guys I said this but 9000 Aero could walk all over almost any 900.

TRAITOR :evil: ...... :lol:

now kiss and make up:

!!

Kenny.

·
Registered
100 Posts
hey, hes only speaking the truth:roll:
i hate to admit it, but its incredibly true. a stage 3 9000 (aero or not) is usually untouchable by just about all c900s.

that being said, my 91 9k turbo is aprox stg3 specs, chiped with 3 inch exaust 270 hp id like to think, but my friend jake, (morksturana?) has less then 1500 (in total, much less in engine work) dollars in performance mods to his 87 900t and with that monster FMIC and T3T4 hed walk all over me.
always exceptions, i think were even on tranny counts too:( but i drive harder!
JP

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Green9kAERO said:
i think were even on tranny counts too:( but i drive harder!
JP
Ya but at least you have the option of upgrading to that bombproof 6speed that just came out that fits in the 9000 :cool:

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
That is true most of the time, but my ng900 walks my 9k aero at stage 3 level and still out corners it and its a vert! It has every suspension part known to man and about 400bhp....

John

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
John Z Williams said:
That is true most of the time, but my ng900 walks my 9k aero at stage 3 level and still out corners it and its a vert! It has every suspension part known to man and about 400bhp....

John
What is your 0-60, like 3 seconds?!? The 9000 aero I was in with a ton of custom work probably was in the 4 second range. Saabs are awesome they can outrun some of the best cars if tuned right! Look at all the "exotic" cars Saabs could beat if tuned right.

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
I don't have the traction for that... I am just saying my ng900 vert with gt3071 .86ar with a 2.3 motor with je forged pistons and w/m injection and 60# injectors walks my stage 3+ aero...

I am sure with that same turbo and set-up on my aero and we would have a different story...;)

John

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
It is really hard to compare the cars when you are talking about tuning. I bet you I can get a civic and tune the hell out of it, so it will be able to beat enzo. That's not the point.

When I was searching for the saab, I was looking for older 900 or a 9000. I chose 9000 because, 1) 2.3L 2) More hp to start with. 3) More aftermarket tuning kits and parts vailable 4) More modern car all round. 5) Trionic. 6)Damn sexy.
I didn't really look at GM900 because I wanted something made in Sweden.That's a huge plus. Also, I am not sure, but isn't GM900 2.0L?

So, I would say on those accounts, 9000 is truly better then the 900. :cheesy:

·
Registered
98 Posts
John Z Williams said:
I don't have the traction for that... I am just saying my ng900 vert with gt3071 .86ar with a 2.3 motor with je forged pistons and w/m injection and 60# injectors walks my stage 3+ aero...

I am sure with that same turbo and set-up on my aero and we would have a different story...;)

John
Cheater...you have a 9000 engine in the ng!!! haha.

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
I have a choice between 2 ng900 [one tally and a vert] a 9000 2.3 stg3 and a 9-5 mid-mods; the car that puts the power down best is the 900 talladega I'm afraid and outclasses the others.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Green9kAERO said:
untouchable by just about all c900s.
The C900 does not make the best car to tune for drag racing performance.

You can tune a c900 very well for mid range use; however, the transmission is such a blocking point because it does not handel stress well. The c900 will last 25+ years as long as it was not tuned beyond a little APC tweaking and such.

I never really understood why people would tune a c900 so much; however, I love the cars in the stock form for thier character, reliability, and incredibly fun to driving characteristics.

I think the C900 appeals to us because of the idiosyncratic appeal of such a bizzare looking car. The 9000 has far more conventinal style and was more well recieved I believe; however, the C900 has a die hard cult following mostly because of how unbelivably unique the car was and that Saab has never come anywhere close to producing anything like it since.

I think the 9000 Aero is even faster than the 9-5 Aero, I have driven both. The 9-5 has much better throttle response and has INSTANT powerly delivery regardless of speed and gear. But man the 9000 Aero flies! I still find the 9000 and 9-5 much less fun to drive than the C900 in the end; however, it has little to do with performance.

I do know what you mean about the 9K Aero!

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
BluAero93 said:
Cheater...you have a 9000 engine in the ng!!! haha.
Its just a homemade viggen:cool:

I like my aero, don't get me wrong, the only reason I have so much power on my ng900 is the tranny seems to be stronger... I say that, but I just ripped 4th gear out of my second gear-box in three years... I am about one tranny per year, I could probably do just as well with my aero:confused:

John

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
K-900 said:
Thanks man! I love your vert, can't believe you sold the 3dr though, that was a nice car, and you put so much into it
wait, you own that car int he picture?:eek:

MORE PICS! MORE PICS! MORE PICS!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
woywitka said:
wait, you own that car int he picture?:eek:

MORE PICS! MORE PICS! MORE PICS!
HAHA! yeah that's mine :cheesy: I'm no good with avatar sizing, so I'm stuck with the pic of my old t16! I need to clean it before more pics! I will set about getting some tomorrow for you. check this thread for the few I've got (I'm the last poster)

Shame I can't bring it to the states when I do the move :cry:

K.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
K-900 said:
HAHA! yeah that's mine :cheesy: I'm no good with avatar sizing, so I'm stuck with the pic of my old t16! I need to clean it before more pics! I will set about getting some tomorrow for you. check this thread for the few I've got (I'm the last poster)

Shame I can't bring it to the states when I do the move :cry:

K.
I love it!

When did you get that one?

Why can't you bring it to the states?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
woywitka said:
I love it!

When did you get that one?

Why can't you bring it to the states?
I've had it since june, but I've been a bit redundant on here for a while, just occasionally posting. I wish I could bring it with me, if I did it would have to pass US inspection laws, as my car wasn't originally built for the US market it would have to go through some tests, not sure what. And I don't really want to ship it over, have it fail and then they cube it. It would be awsome to have RHD over there, save me getting used to shifting with the right hand.

I was thinking- I could buy a junker 900t in the US, cut the vins out, have them welded into mine, "export" on paper the US car to the UK, register it over here, then bring it over when I come. If they asked why it was RHD I could say the steering rack failed, and the only way to replace it was to convert it to RHD :roll: :D

Somehow I don't think that would work as smoothly as I've said though...!

(sorry 9000 fourums for taking over this thread, move it to the lounge?)

Kenny.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
K-900 said:
I've had it since june, but I've been a bit redundant on here for a while, just occasionally posting. I wish I could bring it with me, if I did it would have to pass US inspection laws, as my car wasn't originally built for the US market it would have to go through some tests, not sure what. And I don't really want to ship it over, have it fail and then they cube it. It would be awsome to have RHD over there, save me getting used to shifting with the right hand.

I was thinking- I could buy a junker 900t in the US, cut the vins out, have them welded into mine, "export" on paper the US car to the UK, register it over here, then bring it over when I come. If they asked why it was RHD I could say the steering rack failed, and the only way to replace it was to convert it to RHD :roll: :D

Somehow I don't think that would work as smoothly as I've said though...!

(sorry 9000 fourums for taking over this thread, move it to the lounge?)

Kenny.
It can be done.

people bring uk and Japanese cars to Canada all the time.

In the Excited States they get all excited every time you want to do something that is slightly out of the ordinary.

I can help you source some LHD e-code lamps from canada(us lamps suck), and a CAT (if your missing one) and that should be it really. I bet you could get away with the lense, but I do not know this for sure.

Be such a shame to leave a car like that behind.

Unless you are moving to California, many states/regions to not even have emissions or annual vehicle inspection.

You could import it through Canada then bring it to the states, this could be a little bit easier (just a guess)-no duty in Canada on cars over 15 years of age:D - THen NAFTA will let you bring the car down to the states for free I believe.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts