SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well decided to take on the the task of doing the clutch in my daughters 97 900 convert. after it sat at a local mechanics for three weeks. followed the instructions to a tee found at 21.01.2006 they are tremendous by the way and really do a great job of walking you through it. in all honesty it has been tedious but relativly easy except for the frozen sub-frame bolts! some mapps gas and a borrowed impact gun finally did the trick after i snapped 2 ratchets and shredded 6 sockets and blew about 3 hours. i'm near the end of removal but for the life of me i can not get the drive axle out of the tranny side so i can remove the tranny. i have popped out (well actually beat to hell) the ring behind the boot and it still won't budge. i've tried raising and lowering the engine , wiggling and pulling and it still only wants to move a smidge. have i not done something????? finally gave up and posted this so any help is always appreciated! thanks and hopefully i'll be back at it tomorrow. in retrospect if done again i would have first loosened the hub nut and left in the driveshaft on the engine side and removed it from the wheel housing.........

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
I helped with Blaque_Out's trans in early spring. The problem I remember was getting the trans away from the intermediate shaft. We basically just hammerd on the trans with a soft hammer untill it started sliding away. We also pryed from the top as the box moved away from the engine.

I don't recall any difficulties with the LH cv axle however.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts