SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

likely to be an over asked question, just I haven't found the answer.

Can I fit 9-3 (likely pre- 2000) seats, door cards and rear hatch spoiler in my '94 900?

The car in question has a black interior, whereas mine is beige.

Thank you

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
If the car is near you and you have access to it, Get a tape measure and measure the width of the seat track bolts in the front between the left and right tracks, do the same for the rears, then try and measure the lengths of BOTH tracks from bolt hole to bolt hole. If they're the same, then they'll fit physically. Whether the motors for the seats (if electric) or the heaters are plug and play are something you'd have to figure out. If the donor car is being parted out or whatever, try and grab as much of harness as possible in case you need to wire it in to your existing set up. I know there was very subtle exterior differences between some seats, but I don't know enough about them personally so a tape measure is a must. I remember swapping seats in a Honda CRX that were a year a part and the outside of the cars looked the same, but they changed the tracks enough that it wasn't a direct swap. (Actually it seemed like some of the 90's Honda's had a different seat track design for every car, even between the same models) Chances are they'll fit, or you can mount the seats to your track.

No idea on the paneling. Best bet is to talk to whoever is selling them, ask if you can pull one and pull one of yours, then compare. Sometimes they'll get listed as not swap-able because of minor changes like the location of a switch, speaker location, etc. But they can indeed be swapped and modded to work. That's just a generalization though. In the pre-internet era where "Googling" a question hadn't even been thought up yet, you'd either have to hope the junk yard knew the answer, or just try it out and see what happened. This actually worked for me on an 86' Cougar I owned as the 88' had revised door panels that were VERY different in appearance, but were interchangeable and looked much better in the car. Same goes for most of the Fox Mustangs and the Dodge Daytonas where I've done what you're trying to do. Since no one had an absolute answer for you, I figured I'd pipe up and give some basic pointers. Sometimes going out and trying it is exciting and rewarding as the pay off is if it works. There's a certain satisfaction in it that forums and Google sometimes take out of the equation. If you get down to it and everything works out, make sure to post somewhere so someone else can find it, or leave the "mystery" to them to figure out ;) If it doesn't work out, save them the grief ;ol;

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers mate,

unfortunately the car isn't that close to me, but will try to get there next week.
In the meantime, if anyone knows more about this than me and Pontious, please tell me

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
The front seats will not fit directly, the tracks are wider and the wiring is different. The rear seats will fit directly. With the front seats you have two options, swap the leather off the seats or make a custom bracket and splice the 9-3 connectors in place of the NG900 ones. See this link if you choose the latter: http://www.saablink.net/forum/customizing-your-ng900-old-9-3/27647.htm

The interior door panels are also a direct swap.

As for the spoiler, does your NG900 already have a spoiler? If not then you can basically fit any 9-3 spoiler on your car with a little work. I believe some of the 9-3 spoilers have different mounting holes so you may have to do some body work to cover the old holes and make new ones. If you can find a photo of the spoiler then someone should be able to tell if it is a direct swap from the NG900 spoiler.

I found most of this info by using the search.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
You can use the 9-3 interior, but for the front seats you will want to pull the leather off the 9-3 seat and put it on the NG900 seat. Are you looking to do a full interior swap, switching the headliner and carpet to black also? I think the headliner is a direct swap, but not sure about the carpet. Do a search, you should be able to find someone who has done this before.

·
Registered
182 Posts
You can use the 9-3 interior, but for the front seats you will want to pull the leather off the 9-3 seat and put it on the NG900 seat. Are you looking to do a full interior swap, switching the headliner and carpet to black also? I think the headliner is a direct swap, but not sure about the carpet. Do a search, you should be able to find someone who has done this before.
I have done this.. and no you cant swap the seat covers, the whole front seat is a toatlly differant shape.

What I had to do was drill a new hole at the rear of the inner runner to line up with the one one the seat (its about an inch or tow off) and then made up two plate the bolt to the outer runner which then menat I could bolt it to the outer seat runner.

The carpet is not a direct swap, I had to make some cuts in the 93 carpet as it sits ontop if the seat mountings which on a 93 are welded to the floor on the NG the mountings are bolted through the carpet to the floor. If you are carfull the result looks like its meant to be there

As for the rest of the inetrior on my 'Vert it was all a straight swap

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you guys,

this all sounds like make me look for a 900 with black seats and stuff.
As much as i like the car, it requires more time than I have for her....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts