SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
My ac tensioner pulley broke today. I have a B202L engine and the pulley acts as a tensioner. Can the idler pulley be replaced or do you have to replace the entire bracket?
It’s hard to tell, what broke on it? The entire bracket can be pulled out via 3 torx bolts. The pulley is a separate part held by an adjustment bolt on the backside of that bracket so should be able to replace the pulley on its own.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Is the pulley a idler pulley ? or does it have a mechanism that allows it to act as a tension.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is the pulley a idler pulley ? or does it have a mechanism that allows it to act as a tension.
min your photo you can see the teeth on the bracket, those are adjustment teeth that allow the pulley to move up and down by turning the nut, I believe a 19mm long or deep socket is needed. You may try using brake cleaner to clean some of the crud in the teeth as that may be blocking it from moving or adjusting like mine was

·
Registered
24 Posts
My bracket is currently out of the car, I will take a photo of the front and back sides so you can see how it is assembled since I know it is hard to see the angles while it is assembled.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks ! I really need that ! It will help me see what I’m dealing with.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks for the pics ! I have a better understanding of how it functions now. I don’t think that mine has broken. I probably didn’t tighten it correctly when it put everything back together.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts